Views
Helpful
Replies

delay in call establishment

Eugene Meyer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

Hope someone can shed some light on a issue I have.

Recently did a cut over for one of our sites, from one CallManager cluster to another CallManager cluster. Both cluster are running the same version of CUCM, and the servers of both clusters are located in the same DC. After the cut over, users on site complain about a 5 second delay from entering the number they wish to dial, to actually hear ringing. This holds true to both internal and external calls. I first started troubleshooting internal calls, but creating more specific translation patters for the short dials they use, however this did not help the issue. (also have urgent priority checked in the translation pattern). I then asked a user to dial a internal number, but to dial the full number and not the short dial so that we can bypass the translation pattern, and the delay was still evident. I then dropped the T302 timer from 7000 to 5000, and still the same issue. Can anyone here tell me what else can affect the time between dialing a number to call establishment? As I mentioned this issue is persistent for both internal and external calls.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eugene,

You may first check the 'health' of the servers to which the phones are registered by running the following commands:

show status

utils diagnose test

utils core active list

check if there are any errors related to NTP , DNS or any cpu / memory usage issues. Also see if there are any core dumps generated.

If this is clear then you can check the Route Plan report and delete all unassigned directory numbers first. If the issue persists after checking the dial plan for any overlaps then you can take detailed callmanager service trace for a test call. The digit analysis in the trace will confirm if there are any potential matches for the dialed number and also if there is actually a delay by cucm between dialing the last digit and getting a ringback it can be tracked as well.

To rule out any database replication issues you may try registering a couple of phones with the Publisher and see if you experience the same behavior.

Manish