cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete Default Background on 7965

robray_sc
Level 4
Level 4

How can I delete the default background on the 7965\7945 phones? We have uploaded a new corporate image and its the only pic in the list.xml file but the phone shows the default and the new background image.  We need to remove the default so the only option is the new corporate image background. Any ideas?  Thanks

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot, it's built in the FW of the phone.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

alijames
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can't be done I'm afraid, although we have requested it via the BU as an enhancement request.

I am currently investigating voipintegrations Background deployment, which allows you to force the background to the changed on phones by model, clusterwide, device pool, or individually, although users can change it back themselves should they want to. Not bad value for $89, and seems OK so far.

Our only downsides so far are, it does not support 7906/11 phones, as these represent 75% of our deployment, and it's Windows Only.

Cheers,

Alistair

Is there anyway to modify the firmware file and replace the existing default image?

I do not believe this is possible.  As noted previously there is no admin push tool natively available on the CUCM or phone firmware.  You have two choices.  Put together a tool that will push the image for your or use a 3rd party application like the one referenced earlier in this thread.

I had to research something like this before and I did a write up on it here.  Maybe it will give you some ideas:

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/resources/blogs/pushbackgroundtoipphone.html

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

No, the FW is signed. So even if you could somehow modify the image it wouldn't be accepted by the phone.

Not to mention this wouldn't be supported.

If you also want this, i'd recommend you to get in touch with your AM and submit a PER

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: