Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete DLU's

mattepps645
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone tell me how to delete DLU's from CUCM 7.1(5) ? 

I have recently rebuilt a CUCM 7.1(5) Publisher using a DRS Backup offline ready to move into Production as part of a Cluster move project and received a new Licence file from Cisco Licensing which "rehomed" the original licenses to the new Publisher MAC address.  I loaded this license onto the Publisher and it has doubled the DLU and Licensed Server count !!

As this server is offline, I have deleted all licenses files, restarted the License Manager Service and even rebooted the server but the DLU's and Server licenses still show in the License Report and still double the customers entitlement.

How can I reset all License counts to zero so I can reload the new license file and have the Publisher showing the correct license entitlement ?

Note that at this time, there is no upgrade planned to CUCM 9.x therefore any solution using ELM is not applicable.

Many thanks,

Matt

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Matt,

Did you try deleting the licenses from the CLI using 'file delete license ' command?

If they are still reappearing then this may need a TAC case to be opened to delete them by using root access.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

yes I did that and no license files are showing on the server through the CLI and in the Licence Upload menu in CUCM Admin GUI.  As far as I can see there are no license files at all on the server yet the License Unit Report shows 1000's of DLU and currently 12 Servers !!!

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

As you have already tried restarting the server as well i will suggest opening a TAC case as i have seen such instances where licenses need to be deleted from root and only TAC can provide root access.

HTH

Manish

Thanks Manish,

I was thinking that would be the only way out of this.  I'll speak to TAC and hopefully they will be able to help.

Regards,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Agree with Manish[+5].

ELM has been introduced from CUCM version 9.x .

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: