cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deleted Directory Number but it still rings.

rona.venida
Level 1
Level 1

I've already deleted a certain Directory Number but when I try to call that number, it rings. I've checked the Route Plan Report and the directory number does not exist. If the number is already gone in the CUCM, why does it ring? Any idea?

16 Replies 16

I'm going to have to agree with Sunny.  It appears that you've got some type of notification issue going on.

You can probably figure out which server has the issue by simply looking to see which gateway (where the call comes in and then rings) is registered to.  That server is probably your culprit.  You might take it off line to prove it.

Accessing DB replication status from the CLI is easy:

utils dbreplication status

It will drop it out into a log file you can access via the CLI using the file view command, or you can SFTP it to somewhere else.

Don't have the RTMT handy, so I can't remember the exact headings....in the second column, down about 3 from the bottom, there is a choice...think it's Callmanager.  Submenu off that one is database status.

Cliff

To prove that it is a change notification issue, you can run sql query on each server's database to find out if that DN still exists :

run sql select pkid, fkroutepartition, dnorpattern from numplan where dnorpattern = 'xyz'

where xyz is the DN in question

---

Example :Let's say 7001 was the DN deleted from the database, but still rings.

If 7001 still exists in a server's database, you'll see an output similar to the following :

admin:run sql select pkid, fkroutepartition, dnorpattern from numplan where dnorpattern = '7001'
pkid                                 fkroutepartition dnorpattern
==================================== ================ ===========
9deee46c-859b-4d9d-a0e0-b91a71e953dd NULL             7001
admin:

If 7001 doesn't exist in a server's database, you'll see an output similar to the following :

admin:run sql select pkid, fkroutepartition, dnorpattern from numplan where dnorpattern = '7001'

pkid fkroutepartition dnorpattern

==== ================ ===========

admin:

---

Run that command on each server's SSH session and check if any server has that DN entry in its database. If so, it is a change notification issue, which can be fixed by a replication reset, and restarting the CCM and DBL Monitor services.

- Sriram

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: