cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deleted phones are registering

jgrubbs
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to configure phones that were deleted from Call Manager, but they keep registering with their old extensions.  We are running 7.1.3.30000-1.  I have restarted both Call Managers in the cluster, but this did not resolve the issue.

I also ran the following command via ssh: run sql select * from device and was able to locate the device in the database.  However, it is now showing up when I do a search for phones.

Any ideas?

19 Replies 19

Yup, it comes back online with its old extension

You should delete all associated Directory Numbers from Routing -> Directory Numbers. Hope it will help

He already has.  So far we've verified that after he deletes a phone he is able to verify on all servers in the CUCM cluster that it is gone.  When he plugs it back in it auto-registers like it is supposed to; however, if he changes the device pool on the phone it re-registers with its old extension.

Correct?

Hello,

He should check the Device Pool configuration. Specificaly Cisco Unified CallManager Group field perhaps this group contains a subcribers or TFTP server which is not synchronized correctly.

JP

He even checked the dbreplication status to make sure the databases were all synced, too...

This is a strange issue for sure!