Views
Helpful
Replies

Deleting a phone line for a single user

Tazio4436
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have couple of phone lines configured for most of our users.

Line 1:Company A

Line 2:Compnay B

Line 3:Compnay C

Line 4:User's Ext

Lines 1 ,2 and 3 are the incoming DIDs and our receptionist answers the calls with different greetings depending which line is ringing.

Some of the users phones are also configured same way. So when there is a call it rings at the reception and at the same time so those users phone. If the reception does not answer the call in 3 rings which means she is busy on another call or not at her desk then any user will pick up the call.

Yesterday I will trying to remove the Line 1,2 and 3 for a user as she will be no more be the backup for reception.

I went into users profile and deleted the 3 lines from there.

Then later i started to get complaints that there is no incoming calls and i noticed that Line1,2 and 3 have been deleted for all users.

I added those lines again and everything is working fine again but just wants to know how I can remove any line for  a single user

Thanks

Tazio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Instead of deleting the directory number, as that would as you encountered actually remove the directory number altogether, you should use the Dissociate Device option. For details please see the below screenshot.

image.png

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Instead of deleting the directory number, as that would as you encountered actually remove the directory number altogether, you should use the Dissociate Device option. For details please see the below screenshot.

image.png

Response Signature

Thanks a lot.

Works like a charm

Tazio