Views
Helpful
Replies

Deleting Ephones and Ephones-dn

techguy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have a h323 gateway with SRST enabled. All the ephones on gateway are added durung srst (i didn't add manually). Since, i have changed many phones and assigned to different users. Now during SRST, many user gets different cme extension due to exchange of many phones. Now i want to delete all ephones related information from gateway so that next time SRST occurs,it would download again all ephone information from CUCM.

Thanks.

11 Replies 11

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

SRST doesn't add ephone's and ephone-dn configuration.

You maght have CME in SRST fallback mode, and then there are several options.

I normally choose the one that acts as classic SRST, no adding of ephone's.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmesrst.html

Bye,

JH

I never added epohnes in cme since i am using below commands.

telephony-service

srst mode auto-provision all

srst ephone template 1

srst dn template 1

srst dn line-mode dual

!

Question is how to delte the ephones and ephones-dn. Thanks

Hi.

Please post your  entire vg config so we can look better at your issue

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Just remove the ephone and ephone-dn

Like:

no ephone X

no ephone-dn X

Bye,

Jan

I have around 150 ephones. Cant delete one by one

When  I have a config which is to messy, I take the whole configuration in notepad.

Remove what I don't want, then do a erase nvram, reboot and apply the configuration.

You might try no telephoney service, maybe this will remove the ephone's and then apply again telephony service

Bye,

Jan

Hi

i think you have to use a method which will not allow your ephone on your configuration , so please use one of the belwo

1-under telephony-service (srst mode auto-provision none).none—Does not include information for learned ephones or learned ephone-dns in the running configuration. Use this keyword when you want Cisco Unified CME to provide SRST fallback services for Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

or

2-usef call-manager-fallback will do the same.

call-manager-fallback  instead of telephony-service

all phones will resgisters for SRST and you won't sees any ephone or ephone-dn on your running-config. You can use "show ephone registered"  to check that all phones registered correctly.

Thank you

please rate all useful information

dinesh.purohit
Level 1
Level 1

U hav to give no telephony- services

no ephone x

no ephone -dn all

Jason Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In your case you are actually using SRST in CME mode.  The Telephony-Service command invokes SCCP CME on the router.  No biggie there.  The auto-provision-none command provided earlier in the feed will work.  If you prefer to minimize configuration on the router, you might consider switching to traditional SRST using the call-manager-fallback.

Here is a configuration guide to help out.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmesrst.html

R2#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
R2(config)#no tel
R2(config)#no telephony-service
Reset-All: clean up DN 6 chan 1 (1237)
Reset-All: clean up DN 6 chan 2 (1237)
Reset-All: clean up DN 6 chan 3 (1237)
Reset-All: clean up DN 6 chan 4 (1237)
Reset-All: clean up DN 6 chan 5 (1237)
Reset-All: clean up DN 6 chan 6 (1237)
Reset-All: clean up DN 6 chan 7 (1237)
Reset-All: Sync DN 6 chan 8 (1237) and htsp
All DNs in DOWN state

Skinny Deleted entries for 3 phones

kevinpython
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem for me.

Clear statistics or deactivate call-manager-fallback and reactivate it does not clear the logs.

Is there really no other option than rebooting the gateway ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: