Views
Helpful
Replies

Designing VOIP system using PSTN

smiwsg1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I need to design VOIP system on our office and I need some advice from the experts.

Basic idea is that we are going to use 10 PSTN line coming through the office, and by using the hardware we are splitting 50 lines for the VOIP phones and PCs. My question is that to setup the system like that, what kind of hardware I need to purchase and how much it will cost? Please take a look at the attachment to get better idea. It's the basic design for the system.

Thanks in advance

Chris

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

you can use a 2821 or 2851 for this. The router comes with a feature called CCME that does a really complete IP PBX.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/index.html

Note, you will also need a 48-ports switch, suggest you get a 3560 or 3750 with PoE support so you don't need the power supply for the phones that.

Also very important, please do not use regulat phone lines that can give problems and lack features, ask you telco about ISDN BRI or PRI, that is the best way to do telephony with the router.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: