Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Association to Directed Call Park

Tanner.Zesiger
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

If this question has already been asked, I sincerely apologize.
I'm trying to do some clean-up of our CUCM 12.5 cluster's Directed Call Parks. When I use Route Plan Report, I can see the Directed Call Parks, but not the devices they're associated to, and going into the Directed Call Park's configuration page and running a dependency report shows no results.

Is there a page within CUCM's GUI that I'm missing or a CLI command I can run to find the devices a Directed Call Park is associated to?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Please try running the sql command below from the CLI of your CUCM.

run sql SELECT d.name, d.description, blfdirectedcallpark.blfindex, blfdirectedcallpark.label, (select dnorpattern from numplan where pkid=blfdirectedcallpark.fknumplan) FROM blfdirectedcallpark as blfdirectedcallpark inner join device as d on blfdirectedcallpark.fkdevice=d.pkid

I got it to work in my lab by combining/tweaking multiple sql commands to obtain the results below. 

TechLvr_3-1666930844759.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

If the dependency records show nothing, that means there were no "BLF Directed Call Park" buttons created for those DCP numbers on any of your phones. The DCP feature still works as far as the user knows the DCP number by heart and dials it manually. 

Even if you add the BLF buttons on the phones, you won't see any device associations under the route plan report for those DCP numbers. The only way that comes to my mind is to export all phones (with all details) and obtain the list of device names/Extensions and their corresponding "BLF Directed Call Park" values (if already added on the phones).

Thank you for the follow-up!
Regarding the first part of your response, dependency record doesn't show any results on DCPs that are known to be programmed to registered phones.
Exporting all phones would take some time with the size of our cluster, but I'll look into that option.

You misinterpreted my response. Dependency records will certainly show the results "on DCPs that are known to be programmed to [any] phones". 

The fact that you currently don't see any results under the dependency records, as you indicated in your original post, means your DCPs have NOT been programmed to any phones yet. They can be programmed to phones as BLF Directed Call Park lines under the Phone Button Template. 

In your original post, you also mentioned that you can see the CDPs in the Route Plan Report but you don't see any devices associated with them. The Route Plan Report shows devices associated with Extensions but not BLFs. On the other hand, CDPs can only be added as BLF CDP buttons not as Extensions on the phones. 

You may be able to obtain this info using sql commands if you don't want to use the device export method. 

Please refer to the screensnips attached; I have 2 DCPs at x61110 and x61111 programmed to a device, but when I run the dependency report on both DCPs (I only attached 61110), they yield 0 results.
I have run some commands to look for information but am not familiar enough with UCM's database structure to formulate a new query. If you or another community member could provide some insight on what that would look like, I would greatly appreciate it.

Please try running the sql command below from the CLI of your CUCM.

run sql SELECT d.name, d.description, blfdirectedcallpark.blfindex, blfdirectedcallpark.label, (select dnorpattern from numplan where pkid=blfdirectedcallpark.fknumplan) FROM blfdirectedcallpark as blfdirectedcallpark inner join device as d on blfdirectedcallpark.fkdevice=d.pkid

I got it to work in my lab by combining/tweaking multiple sql commands to obtain the results below. 

TechLvr_3-1666930844759.png

Works like a charm; thank you for the time you spent helping with this!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: