cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Migration to another CUCM Cluster

Live2 Bicycle
Level 3
Level 3

I currently have a CUCM 7.1.5 environment that has been my primary cluster for a couple years now. Due to the growth of my employer I have recently brought up two additional CUCM clusters on version 8.6.2.

I am looking for a way to migrate phone devices and user association to their devices from the 7.1.5 cluster to the 8.6.2 cluster. The phone devices have services and speed dials which adds to the complexity.

I have spent some time using the Bulk Administration export All Phone Details in CUCM 7.1.5 then trying to import the data back in to CUCM 8.6.2 but the fields do not match up. It probably took me 3 - 4 hours to massage the data just to do 100 phones. I have just under 15000 phones to migrate.

I found this company that has a product to do what I am wanting but they are not responsive.

http://visionael.com/products/iptas/index.html

Does anyone know of an easier way to migrate data so I maintain users speed dials, services and end user association with their device or another company that has a product to do the migration more seamlessly?

Thanks in advance

Del

1 Reply 1

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

Del,

Well we see a lot of migrations at TAC and I can say BAT is a powerfull little tool, but it's as good as your excel, macro and data processing skills.

I would do a export all details, and work with a single line to build a macro to arrange the spreedsheet in a basic form 8.6 can take.

After this you can run your macro multiple times. Again excel is your friend here :)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App