Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Mobility for Jabber clients for non video sites

nuinoahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have the following issue.  My customer have about 200 sites.  But only about 20 are video enabled sites with enough BW.

We implemented recently Jabber with MRA so end users can either register from customer LAN or from the internet.

I would like to permit only customer users on the 20 site to register with Jabber and to make video calls.  If a user register from a location without enough bw then I would like to block video calls.

What is the best way to do this on the CUCM?

Is it possible to use Mobility?  So I can add the 20 video enabled sites and use a Device Pool configured to accept video call?  If jabber client register to a non video enable site then it will be associated with a Device pool that block video?

OR

Is it possible to create i.e device mobility info 1 for subnet 10.10.1.0/24, device mobility info 2 for subnet 10.10.2.0/24......device mobility info 20 for subnet 10.10.20/24  +  device mobility info 100 for subnet 10.0.0.0/8. 

If jabber user connect from 10.10.1.0/24 it will be in device mobility info 1 (with device pool permitting video).

if jabber client connect from 10.10.50.0/24 (site with no video)  then it will be in MG 100 with device pool not permitting video?

Thanks in advance,

Ahmed

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you'd probably want to configure device mobility for this, bear in mind that whoever logs via MRA, will register with the EXP-C IP, so there's no way to tell them apart, if they belong to different sites, and should have different BW options.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: