Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Mobility invoked with same DevicePool

Hi,

I'm running CUCM 8.5. I have more than 2,000 phones assigne to the same DevicePool (HQ_DP) locate in the same building. Each floor have his own subnet. Example: Floor 1: 172.22.1.0 , Floor 2: 172.22.2.0, Floor 3: 172.22.3.0

I would like to accomplish when a phone have been moved to another floor to change the CSS to block the call.

My question is: How can I invoke Device Mobility when I just have one DevicePool for all phone? It's no practical for me to create a DevicePool for each floor...

Thanks in advance

Please rate all useful posts 

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

As far as I recall, that's how the feature works. Subnets are tied to device pools, and you therefore need to move outside your home device pool to get new settings.... so you need to split into seperate pools.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

As far as I recall, that's how the feature works. Subnets are tied to device pools, and you therefore need to move outside your home device pool to get new settings.... so you need to split into seperate pools.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Correct, phones would need to be assigned to different "physical location" and the only way to assign physical location is via DP, so the only way to get it to work is by having different DPs.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for the answer, I was afraid of that, so let's begin to create some Device Pool .

Regards

Please rate all useful posts 

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: