cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device profile per-line ringtones don't stick

cheryl.alvarado
Level 1
Level 1

I have device profiles that employees use in an extension mobility hotdesk scenario.  They would like to have specific per-line ringtones, and they can set the ringtones, but when they log out of the phone and back in, the ringtones revert to the default.  Is there any way to make those ringtone settings stick for the device profile?

These are 7965 phones.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cheryl.alvarado
Level 1
Level 1

I opened a TAC case on this issue, and upon verification of the issue, they have submitted a bug CSCwd69142.  The fix will be included in the next FCS release 14.2.1 in Jan 2023.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

b.winter
VIP
VIP

AFAIK there is nothing like that. Ringtones settings are not tied to any settings in CUCM, they are local to every phone.

cheryl.alvarado
Level 1
Level 1

I found one workaround is to either have all of the lines on the phone configured with DN's, and set the ringtones for each line as desired -- these ringtones will be applied no matter which device profile is logged in.

OR

Create a logged-out device profile for the phone with all lines configured with DNs and ringtones set.

The key is to never have the scenario where the user's device profile is logged out and a line is not configured.

I have submitted an enhancement request to have per-line ringtones saved with the device profile and re-applied at profile login.  The "community" enhancement request is here:  Save per-line ringtone settings with device | User Community Feedback (aha.io) and the Cisco Employee request is here:  https://ciscocollaboration.ideas.aha.io/ideas/COLLAB-I-18242.  Please consider upvoting these requests if this issue applies to you.

cheryl.alvarado
Level 1
Level 1

I opened a TAC case on this issue, and upon verification of the issue, they have submitted a bug CSCwd69142.  The fix will be included in the next FCS release 14.2.1 in Jan 2023.