cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Status not shown on Subscriber 1

Kent Drugge
Level 1
Level 1

When you look at Device / Phone the Status / IP or Real-Time Device Status is unknown. But Publisher and Subscriber 2 show proper status.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is good to hear 

Regards

Abhay

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Restart the Cisco ris data collector service on the affected node and that should resolve it. 

Regards

Abhay

Kindly rate all helpful posts !!!

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

Hi,

Abhey is right, “The Real-time Information Server (RIS) maintains real-time information such as device registration status, performance counter statistics, critical alarms generated, and so on. The Cisco RIS Data Collector service provides an interface for applications, such as the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT), SOAP applications, and so on, to retrieve the information that is stored in all RIS nodes in the cluster.”

In short, RisDC is a service running on CUCM that collects information (counters, status of devices, performance data) from CCM service and presents them to different “Clients”. By “Clients” we mean RTMT, CUCM User Web Page, SOAP Requests; the mentioned clients usually presents those data to our end customers in readable and user friendly form.

So if the device is working fine and just showing unregistered try restarting RIS DC service it is not production impacting.

(Rate if it helps)

JB

It has been 20 minutes. Status not updating. I also took a stab and reset RTMT Reporter Servlet. Most services on this server have up time of 370 days. I have been told a server should be reset periodically. Maybe rebooting the server would be a better solution?

Hi

did you restart service  on all server, i would start from PUB and then move to SUB for restart order

also what is the CUCm version?

JB

Ok, Restarted on all 3 servers.  No Status. This is ver 10.5.2.12901-1

Sounds like below BUG

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCus29507/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Can you confirm the condition in workaround is true for you?

CUCM showing wrong status of the devices on the Search Page
CSCus29507
Description
Symptom:
CUCM is showing wrong status of the devices in the Device > Phone Search.

Conditions:
CUCM 10.5.1.11901-1

The issue is seen with phones that has alternate numbers assigned to theDN

Workaround:
Go to the phone configuration and it will show the correct status

Further Problem Description:
JB

This is not the case. Phone Configuration / Real-time Device Status is not shown here. I'm inclined to think server reboot may be easiest solution.  :)

If cluster reboot is not an issue you can always try that, start with PUB first and then move to SUB.

Let us know if that works :-)

JB

So later today, my Pub was not showing status. I reset RIS service. Pub was ok now. Then I checked Sub1. It had started working also. So now all is ok.

That is good to hear 

Regards

Abhay

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal

Thank you so much Abhay,

After many years still your shared information are very useful.

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

What are the chances that the subscriber is on another LAN and there's a FW between the publisher and the subscriber?

If so, please check that those TCP ports are open: TCP/2555-2556.

Well, The servers are within the same facility. But, Pub and Sub2 are on the same Virtual host which moved to a new data building on site. The Sub1 is schedule to move next week. I guess they could be isolated enough on the network that it's creating this issue. Although it shouldn't. I'm interested to see if a reboot fixes it, in the current location or if the move fixes it, when it will be next to the Pub again.

So, like I thought. That's the problem :)

I bet that there's a Firewall between the old building and the new one that is blocking all the relevant ports, and I guess it also blocks the replication traffic between the nodes.

Try to do the following command:

utils dbreplication runtimestate

I think you'll see that the replication is OK between the Publisher and Subscriber 2, but not to Subscriber 1. Try it just out of curiosity ;)