Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Option VLAN - Cisco CP 6851

matheus.pimenta
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to automate the VLAN ID configuration for Cisco CP 6851 model devices.

On the device I set to use DHCP Option 132 to obtain the VLAN ID.

On the DHCP Server I configured this same option, sending a string with the value 20 (vlan ID).

Through wireshark I see this string being sent to the device, however the configuration is not being applied and the vlan id field remains unchanged.

How should I configure the string on the DHCP Server? Should I really just send the VLAN ID?

5 Replies 5

I got confused with the TFTP option.

Response Signature

But the administration guide recommends to use the option 132.

I believe the string configured in DHCP Server is in the wrong format. I've tried using String, Array, Byte, Long, but none of these formats worked.

Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)

DHCP dynamically allocates and assigns an IP address to network devices.

DHCP enables you to connect an IP phone into the network and have the phone become operational without the need to manually assign an IP address or to configure additional network parameters.

DHCP is enabled by default. If disabled, you must manually configure the IP address, subnet mask, and gateway on each phone locally.

We recommend that you use the DHCP custom option 160, 159.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/MPP/6800/english/adminguide/p680_b_6800-mpp-ag/p680_b_6800-mpp-ag_chapter_01.html

Response Signature

This document only says that the DHCP VLAN Option field must be set to 132, in addition to disabling LLDP and CDP.

This has already been done, but it still doesn't work.

I believe that the String configured on the DHCP Server is in the wrong format, as the data is sent to the device, but the VLAN ID field is not being changed.

Cisco Administration Guide - option 132.JPG

DHCP Request:

DHCP Request.JPG

DHCP ACK:

DHCP ACK.JPG

follow