Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial Pattern

sabresquad
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have call manager 4.1 installed on windows server 2000. I know its old and we are in a way to upgrade its .

How ever I have a route plan

90[1-9]XXXXXXX

we are located in saudi arabia people call the national numbers (other cities) by 9 followed by code 01,03,04and then number

example 9014521750

there are some changes in country hence NI number of the capital city code is changed one more digit has been added in the code

previously we used to call

9014521750 now after the changes we should call

I know its possible to add 90[1-9]XXXXXXXX in the route plan which will give me way to dial 90114521750 but as a matter or fact there are other national number codes for other cities which are not changed like 034527896,044589632

how to I create a dial peer which should give an ability to call both the number

90114521750 and 9014521750

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

There are two ways which i could think off.

Create another router pattern

Create only route pattern with 9011.! but in this case you have to create two dial-peer on GW let says

1) it could be destination pattern 901 and 9011 (pattern depends number which beings received from CUCM and being terminated to other side)

HTH

Nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

View solution in original post

Hi Syed.

As Nadeem correctly suggested (+5p Nadeem) you can modify your 90[1-9]XXXXXXX route pattern into

9.0[134]! (! means a variable length of digits string until T302 interdigit timeout ) stripping pre-dot.

in your Voice gateway you can configure a dial-peer as follow

dial-peer voice 10  pots

destination-pattern 0[134]

forward-digits all

port xxx

This should meet your needs.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Sayed,

Just to make sure, the area code for each city is 0XX or 0X ?

as I understand, Riyad was 01, it will become 011. so all the code will be 01X, right ?

if you have overlap you need to add prefix and do translation on the dial-peer to match the correct numbers

HTH

Anas

please don't forget to rate  the helpful posts

area code for one city is 0XX and other cities is 0X. Please let me know the exact procedure as I am not really much familiar with Call manager.

There are two ways which i could think off.

Create another router pattern

Create only route pattern with 9011.! but in this case you have to create two dial-peer on GW let says

1) it could be destination pattern 901 and 9011 (pattern depends number which beings received from CUCM and being terminated to other side)

HTH

Nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

@ Nadeem not really satisfied with thte answer. I am seeking some thing like editing the route pattern and allowing both the things to work.

Hi Syed.

As Nadeem correctly suggested (+5p Nadeem) you can modify your 90[1-9]XXXXXXX route pattern into

9.0[134]! (! means a variable length of digits string until T302 interdigit timeout ) stripping pre-dot.

in your Voice gateway you can configure a dial-peer as follow

dial-peer voice 10  pots

destination-pattern 0[134]

forward-digits all

port xxx

This should meet your needs.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: