cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dial-peer config for international calling

cooperben
Level 1
Level 1

Users are complaining that international calls cannot be made.  Recently, route patterns were updated to using explicit patterns, whereas before only 9.911 and 9.@ were defined (with no route filters).  I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it.  My main concern here is with the config for international calling on our 3825 ISR gateway (IOS 12.4T), which was not altered when the route patterns were. 

I've pasted in relevant config below (let me know if more is needed).  Under dial-peer 71, should that destinantion-pattern be 9.011T?  And is the prefix command necessary now that a 9.@ route pattern is no longer defined in the CUCM?  I'm concerned that this setup (installed prior to my employment) is configured for use with a 9.@ route pattern, instead of with explicitly defined patterns.  For example, users get a fast busy when dialing London: 90114420xxxxxxxx, but the number is reachable by cell phone.

I'd appreciate a once-over of this config.  If it looks good, then I guess I will take it up with the telco (AT&T).   TIA

In CUCM:

9.011! and 9.011!# route patterns defined for international calling. 

We only have one GW, Route Grp/List, and all memberships in the proper partitions and CSS's have been verified on the users.

In the IOS:

voice translation-rule 71

rule 1 /011/ /011/ type international national

voice translation-profile internat

translate called 71

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9.T

incoming called-number .T

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:23

dial-peer voice 71 pots

translation-profile outgoing internat

destination-pattern 9011T

port 0/0/0:23

prefix 011

15 Replies 15

i just have to say that almost a year after the last post here where ATT 'resolved' the issue, i just cut one of our offices over to CUCM, and sure enough, same thing!  as soon as i put the plan/type to unknown and tried it, it works like a champ!

Amazing that telcos like them continue to grow as they do in spite of themselves...