cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial-Peer configuration disappears after reload / power cycle

enewburn1
Level 1
Level 1

I have ISR 4331s with 4W E&M Voice Ports. When I configure with Dial-Peers for PTP operation everything works fine, but on a reload the Dial-Peer specific configuration does not make it into the running-config (though it is still present in the Startup.) I have to reenter the Dial-peer configurations every time after reload. Any help would be appreciated. Example of what does not transfer into running:

dial-peer voice 3 pots
destination-pattern 3000
port 0/1/1
!
dial-peer voice 1 voip
destination-pattern 100.
session target ipv4:192.168.1.1
!
dial-peer voice 2 pots
destination-pattern 2000
port 0/1/0
!
!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The bug seems to be for cor list removed after reload,  trying to dig if anyone related to this issue or incorporated in this DDTS. but it would be good idea to sit on latest IOS which has less issue compare to later version.

ISR4000 routers lose SRST COR list config after reload
CSCuv30117
Description
Symptom:
Class of restriction (COR) configuration under call-manager-fallback for SRST on IOS-XE based 4000 series routers is lost upon reload.

Conditions:

Workaround:
Re-configure the COR under call-manager-fallback after reload.
Is it possible you to upgrade the IOS version to
15.6(01.06)S and 15.6(00.19)S
Br,
Nadeem Ahmed
-Please rate all useful post
Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

View solution in original post

Ran into the same issue.  After some trial and error from a coworker, he found that Version 15.4(3)S5/03.13.05.S fixes the issue, even though the various bug IDs (CSCuy34482, CSCux49494) don't list this specific version as a fix. 

So if you don't want to re-paste in your dial-peers in after each reload then you can use this version until a later version is released which from what I understand from TAC should be in June of this year and should be version 15.5(3)S3/XE3.16.3.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Interesting. What version of code are you running? 

Sounds like some bug.

I have (2) ISRs that show the same symptom. On one I have version

isr4300-universalk9.03.16.01a.S.155-3.S1a-ext

and on the other

isr4300-universalk9.03.17.00.S.156-1.S-std

Thank you for replying

The bug seems to be for cor list removed after reload,  trying to dig if anyone related to this issue or incorporated in this DDTS. but it would be good idea to sit on latest IOS which has less issue compare to later version.

ISR4000 routers lose SRST COR list config after reload
CSCuv30117
Description
Symptom:
Class of restriction (COR) configuration under call-manager-fallback for SRST on IOS-XE based 4000 series routers is lost upon reload.

Conditions:

Workaround:
Re-configure the COR under call-manager-fallback after reload.
Is it possible you to upgrade the IOS version to
15.6(01.06)S and 15.6(00.19)S
Br,
Nadeem Ahmed
-Please rate all useful post
Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

The software version 3.17 is the highest available for IOS-XE

The IOS Version I have is 15.6(1)S

I didn't know I could change IOS independent of IOS XE. I will look into that!

Ran into the same issue.  After some trial and error from a coworker, he found that Version 15.4(3)S5/03.13.05.S fixes the issue, even though the various bug IDs (CSCuy34482, CSCux49494) don't list this specific version as a fix. 

So if you don't want to re-paste in your dial-peers in after each reload then you can use this version until a later version is released which from what I understand from TAC should be in June of this year and should be version 15.5(3)S3/XE3.16.3.

Hope this helps!

Nadeem you are a genius! I configured COR under Call manager fallback and she now works like a champ.

Thank you, Sir

Hi,

please verify the version you are in as it seems to be a defect, upgrade if you are in the affected release.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuv30117/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Regards,

-Do rate helpful posts.