Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial-peer destination pattern

jack samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Dear

We have a internal dial plan 9XX and we have a country landline calling 2XXXXXXX ,,  for PSTN users dial "9" and then GSM or Landline number, now the problem is i have created a destination pattern 9[2,9]........ whenever i try to dial a landline number 2XXXXXXX the first 3 digits hits to internal extension 923,1,4,5 and call is routed to internal.

can anybody help me to create a destination pattern

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Jack,

Is this on a gateway or a CUCM?  Destination patterns are seen on a gateway while route patterns are seen on a CUCM.  

Caveat:

Using 9xx is a bad idea in general and is not recommended as it can impact 911 emergency services unless you aren't in the United States :).  Still, 0,1,and 9 are not recommended for use i any dial plan since they are generally used for external routing purposes.  I would recommend changing the 9xx to something like 8xx and that would immediately solve the problem otherwise we are going to have to modify some other dial plan configurations. 

Dear Brandon,

It is an SRST router when phone loses connection to CUCM they fall on SRST at time i am facing this dial-peer destination pattern is been used for call routing.

I have already deployed phones with 9XX extension so help me with the same configuration.

Thanks

Hi

add a $ at the end to tell the DP that this is a fixed length DP.

So 9[2,9]........$ shoud do the trick. But you may experince now a delay in calling 92X or 99X since the gateway is now waiting for more digits (T302 timer)

Eike

Dear Eike,

9[2,9]........$ is not working for landline calling also i facing issues with international calling i.e .T whenever i dial a international number for example 9001XX it routes to the internal Directory number 900.

Thanks

Hi Jack

Your dial plan is not good. Just change it if you can.

If you are using 9 as your external access prefix (which is a very standard way of doing things) then don't use 9 as the first digit for anything else.

Set your extensions to start with any digit except 9.

The same applies to 0 - if you use it for the operator (again, very normal) don't also have extensions that start with 0.

Overlaps are bad, they make things complex for you as an administrator and clunky for users due to dial timers etc even if you can make it work.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: