Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial Peer Issue

MD-Consulting
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am having a problem with outgoing dial peers and "permissions" who can call what. Here is the constellation

Cisco Call Manager 10.5

Cisco 2911 Router with FXO ports

The following is connected to the FXO ports:

2x Shoreline ( port 0/0/0 and 0/0/1 )

2x VSAT ( port 0/0/2 and 0/0/3 )

2x GSM ( port 0/1/0 and 0/1/1 )

I have several Partitions and CSS configured and also Route lines and Route Groups. Now comes the tricky part. The normal people are allowed to use only the 2 Shoreline ports, but not the VSAT and GSM lines, so my idea was to add a prefix of 9 to the dialed number and strip it off on the voice router. 

All other dial peers will have a destination pattern of 0T

The Route Pattern for the normal people on the CUCM is 0.! with a dialout prefix of 9

The dial peer on the voice router is :

dial-peer voice 9 pots

description Outgoing call for Crew with prefix

destination-pattern 9T

port 0/0/0

forward-digits all

If I place a call from one of these phones I can see the number is coming as 9004912345678911 from the Call Manager

I was always under the impression, that the router would then match the dial peer 9 and strip off the 9 so he will sent out 004912345678911, but it doesnt, the outgoing number is always including the 9.

Any kind of help would be much appreciated, also ideas how to make it in a different way, so the Crew can only use the Shorelines but not the rest is also welcome.

Cheers

Thorsten

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

When you say "forward-digits all" you are specifically telling the dial-peer to keep everything that it receives including the 9.  Without the "forward-digits all" command, the 9 would be stripped and the wildcard preserved.  This is normal behavior.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

When you say "forward-digits all" you are specifically telling the dial-peer to keep everything that it receives including the 9.  Without the "forward-digits all" command, the 9 would be stripped and the wildcard preserved.  This is normal behavior.

Dear Brandon,

so after removing the command it will strip off the 9 and sent out the rest?

Sorry for asking this stupid question but I am working now for 13 hours in a row and my brain is a bit slow now.....

Cheers

Thorsten

POTS dial-peers by default will strip all digits specifically defined while leaving wildcards.  So yes, if you remove forward-digits all, that should fix your problem as the 9 would be immediately removed the second the POTS dial peer is used outbound.

Hey Brandon,

thanks very much for your help, it works like a charm now :)

Cheers

Thorsten