cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial Peer issues not routing a single translation pattern. 200+ others work after adding 2 dial pears for voip routing to Publisher, and Subscriber CallManager servers.

Lynn Hedspeth
Level 1
Level 1

We had an outage last week that turned out to be the fault of out service provider. But it caused us to do some testing of the the Subscriber server to make sure it would take over in the event of a Publisher failure. Turns out it the Subscriber will not route an outside call either incoming or outgoing. Internal calls are OK. Based on what we have found so far, it seems as if it has been this way since it was originally installed.

I found that there was no "dial-peer voice # voip" commands with a session target of the subscriber IP address.

These are the 2 dial-peer voice # voip original entries. Both pointing to the same server address.

!
dial-peer voice 1 voip
preference 1
destination-pattern [1-8]...
session target ipv4:172.##.###.10
incoming called-number ..........
voice-class codec 1
voice-class h323 1
dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
ip qos dscp cs5 media
no vad
!
dial-peer voice 2 voip
preference 1
session target ipv4:172.##.###.10
voice-class codec 1
voice-class h323 1
ip qos dscp cs5 media
no vad

1st I edited "dial-peer voice 2 voip" to point to the subscriber server address 172.##.###.11

That fixed the issue of either server switching over if the other was unavailable. BUT we couldn't PARK Calls.

The I changed "dial-peer voice 2 voip" to the original command, and added 2 completely new dial peers. See below. .10 is the Publisher. .11 is the subscriber.

!
dial-peer voice 3 voip
preference 2
session target ipv4:172.##.###.11
voice-class codec 1
voice-class h323 1
ip qos dscp cs5 media
no vad
!
dial-peer voice 4 voip
preference 2
session target ipv4:172.##.###.11
voice-class codec 1
voice-class h323 1
ip qos dscp cs5 media
no vad
!

Now all 4 dial-peer commands are in the 2921 router. Everything appears to be working. But I received a call from one of our schools that had there original POTS number ported to our Central Office PIR (4 years ago). And as been routed thru the Translation Table in the CallManager since it was ported. Suddenly that 4 digit number that the our service provider is sending over our PRI and has been translating to the Schools Main Reception extension stopped working. This in only one number of 200+ numbers that are routed by a translation table over the entire system. 2 others are even routed to the same school, same extension, and are also still working. 

I changed the code in the 2921 back to the original and that number is routing fine again. But no outside access from the subscriber CM again.

Big question. What could the change I made possibly have to do with 1 single number not being routed. No other changes were made.

Right now we are back to not having the back up subscriber server working encase of a publisher failure.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Lynn Hedspeth

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lynn,

When you say you changed the code after the issue with 4 digit POTS number, do you mean to say you changed the IOS or the config? What exactly was changed? And what is the current config with which the backup subscriber calls are not working? If any changes have been made on CUCM, specially the gateway config page or any translation patterns in the call flow, please share those details as well.

Manish

No POTS is involved. 

I added 2 "dial-peer voice # voip"  commands to the Voice Router (2921) config.

They were added to point the voice router to the subscriber CallManager Server. Which was not taking over in the event of a Publisher failure. Unfortunately, it looks like this has been an issue ever since the system was installed 5 years ago. We just haven't had a Publisher Server Failure.

The 4 digit number that is not working is not from a POTS. It is a Virtual Number coming in on our PRI. And the phone company is sending the last 4 digits, and we are translating the last 4 digits of the number.

For some reason the 2 "dial-peer voice # voip" configurations have stopped only 1 virtual number from being translated. The other 200+ numbers were still working. 

You can see the original 2 "dial-peer voice # voip" configs that were already in the router, and the 2 I added by looking in the original post.

I can't for the life of me, figure out what relationship the 2 additions have with stopping the 1 number from translating. I don't know if it helps but the 4 digit number that stopped translating is 0299

The Original 2 were   "dial-peer voice 1 voip", and  "dial-peer voice 2 voip"

The 2 newly added were  "dial-peer voice 3 voip" , and  "dial-peer voice 4 voip"

I have had to remove the 2 configs that I added, because the 0299 is a main published number at one of our schools. The router has the original configuration back in it now. The Subscriber server is not working again.

Thanks, for your assistance.

Lynn Hedspeth / Catawba County Schools.

Hi Lynn,

Could you please post the outputs from the following debugs while the issue is occurring

1. debug isdn q931

2. debug voip dialpeer inout

Regards

Wilson Samuel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: