Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial-peer Preference not working on IOS

rajasekarvs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

With regard to the dial peer preference on the router ,we have configured two dial-peers with different session targets and preference. The system seems to be always prefering the dial-peer which is in the first order in router`s configuration.The preference does`nt seem to be actually making any difference.We were able to failover to the second dial-peer if the first dial-peer is kept shut.Could somebody advise on the solution ,if you had come across this ever?

Note : The calls are being tried through the csim start from the router itself.

Hardware Platform : 3845

Software Platform : 12.4(15)T3

Raj

19 Replies 19

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response. Even I suspected the same and had a chance to test that with he actual call. Found that the preference plays the role in the dial-peer selection for the actual call. I would request you to also advise ,if the second dial-peer would be selected if the session target on the first dial peer fails...

Raj

If Michal's reply identified the issue, why not rating it ? Certainly I did.

I have rated him...:)

Raj

BoazLau002
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issues as Raj and we are configuring that to a voice switch which is using FXO interface, observed from the voice interface, it is really off-hooked to make a call and debug ccapi inout has showed correct handshaking messages. However, it is still stucked at the primary dialpeer (the session target IP is definitely unreachable and no corresponding route found on router) and cannot switch over to the secondary dialpeer, I suspected somewhere keep alive on the primary session target IP which misleading the primary dialpeer that the active session target IP is still alive and keep retrying but not successful...
May I know how can it resolve it??

Recommend you to create your own post instead of asking your question on a 11 year old post.

Response Signature