Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial peer preference

Hello 

Cisco 2921 use as voice gateway. Call flow from pstn E1 to 2921 then sip trunk to CUCM.

I have this config 

voice translation-profile IngressCall
translate calling 15
translate called 10

voice translation-rule 10
rule 10 /^\(2222[67]..\)$/ /+7846\1/
!
voice translation-rule 15
rule 10 /^\(..........\)$/ /+7\1/

dial-peer voice 1000 pots
description *** Inbound DP Default ***
incoming called-number .

dial-peer voice 8601 voip
description *** Outbound DP for PSTN->CUCM ***
translation-profile outgoing IngressCall
preference 1
destination-pattern 2222[67]..$
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:10.214.104.121
dtmf-relay cisco-rtp rtp-nte
codec g711ulaw
no vad
!
dial-peer voice 8602 voip
description *** Outbound DP for PSTN->CUCM ***
translation-profile outgoing IngressCall
preference 2
destination-pattern 2222[67]..$
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:10.214.104.122
dtmf-relay cisco-rtp rtp-nte
codec g711ulaw
no vad

translation-profile IngressCall used for globalize number e164.

When first CUCM node down, call drop and never go to second node. 

Can anyone advise why?

Debug output in attachment (call placed from pstn Calling Number=9063333333, Called Number=2222648):

debug voip dial peer all

debug ccsip messages

debug voip ccapi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vladisav

A couple of things 

1.Adjust sip timers on your CUBE

Before we go further, please adjust the default SIP timers on the gateway since you are using UDP as your transport porotocol. 

From the logs we can see that the gateway is attempting to connect to the primary and by default it will attempt 6 INVITES

conf t

sip-ua
retry invite 2
timers trying 150

2. Configure options PING on both dial-peers so CUBE will know when CUCM is down and it should not send an INVITE at all to that server. Then test again

voice-class sip options-keepalive up-interval 30 down-interval 10 retry 3

3. Ensure that Options Ping is also enabled on CUCM side on the SIP profile assigned to the SIP trunk

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vladislav,

Couple of things you can check:

>> Are both these servers part of the Callmanager group assigned on SIP trunk on cucm and in same order as the dial-peer preference?

>> If you shut down dial-peer 8601 instead of shutting down server 10.214.104.121, does the dial-peer 8602 take over successfully?

HTH

Manish

not sure understand

>> Are both these servers part of the Callmanager group assigned on SIP trunk on cucm and in same order as the dial-peer preference?

I have one cluster with two server. I cant see config what group assigned on SIP trunk? Where to find it?  And what is order? CM group screen in attachment

This is production system, I can test shutdown dial-peer later

Hi Vladislav,

This Callmanager group should be assigned to the device pool that you have assigned to the SIP trunk that is pointing to the gateway. The order looks correct here if this CM group is used by the device pool of SIP trunk.

HTH

Manish

Yes this cm group used by device pool of this SIP trunk. (I have only one cm group)

Check if ccm service is running on the backup server, check the database replication and when you test the dial-peers during some maintenance you can try resetting the SIP trunk as well.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

"All servers have a good replication status."

"Cisco CallManager Started Activated" on both servers.

I will try reset. But I think it does not matter.

I was upgrade cucm 10.5 to 11.5 about 5 days ago with some rebooting. And behavior is same on both 10.5 and 11.5.

I suppose problem not on CUCM side. As seen in debug 2921 not send INVITE to second node at all.

Vladisav

A couple of things 

1.Adjust sip timers on your CUBE

Before we go further, please adjust the default SIP timers on the gateway since you are using UDP as your transport porotocol. 

From the logs we can see that the gateway is attempting to connect to the primary and by default it will attempt 6 INVITES

conf t

sip-ua
retry invite 2
timers trying 150

2. Configure options PING on both dial-peers so CUBE will know when CUCM is down and it should not send an INVITE at all to that server. Then test again

3. Ensure that Options Ping is also enabled on CUCM side on the SIP profile assigned to the SIP trunk

Please rate all useful posts

Thanks. After Adjust timers call successfuly was connected to second node.

This is really useful,

In my case unfortunatelly I have noticed that when I enable the Options Ping  on CUCM side on the SIP profile the SIP trunk drops and the call is not applicable.

CUCMv11 - SIP trunk- CUBE (ISR4331/K9)

Am I missing something?

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: