Helpful
Replies

Dial Peers bounce on Cube

pheadden
Level 1
Level 1

Seeing these Dial Peers bounce:

%SIP-5-DIALPEER_STATUS: VoIP dial-Peer <22> is Busied out

%SIP-5-DIALPEER_STATUS: VoIP dial-Peer <22> is Up %SIP-5-DIALPEER_STATUS: VoIP dial-Peer <22> is Busied out
%SIP-5-DIALPEER_STATUS: VoIP dial-Peer <22> is Up

Any documentation on these errors, possible root causes, how do I know which Dial Peer is bouncing?

thanks,

12 Replies 12

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have sip options ping configured on the CUBE?

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Yes we do:

voice-class sip options-ping 60

voice-class sip options-keepalive

Thanks

What is most likely going on is that the far end to which the dial-peer points to is not responding to options ping, hence CUBE is busying out the dial-peer...This suggests that that sip trunk may be down...

Send us a debug ccsip messages and we will see whst happening to the options ping

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

I have the same issue. 

*Apr  5 06:07:14.093: %SIP-5-DIALPEER_STATUS: VoIP dial-Peer <7> is Busied out

To what is the <7> referring, I don't have a dial peer 7 in my configuration ?

Hi Luk,

If you do not have dial-peer 7 configured, then you are hitting the defect : CSCug87860

~Amit

Please rate if helpful

Hi Amit,

Could this explain that some call's are not delivered ? I have done some test and most of the times the call is not delivered. And then suddenly it's delivered.

Our Phone company says that we send a BYE within msec to them during the failed calls.

Thank you.

Hi Luk,

It appears to display the dial-peer interface index instead of the dial-peer tag.

To find out which dial peer the index number belongs enable SNMP trap on router using below command:
snmp-server trap link ietf

We can see the index number mentioned in error is mapped to which dial peer using below debug.
debug snmp packets

Regarding your call issue, if the dial-peer is in down status, we do not send BYE, we send 5XX SIP message in response.

A BYE is only sent when the call is connected already and then disconnect due to any reason. BYE is never sent if the SIP transaction is not completed.

~Amit

Please rate if helpful

You can view the mappings between the SNMP ifindexes and the VOIP dial-peers by using the command;

sh snmp mib ifmib ifindex | i Voice Over IP Peer

Hi Luk,

Have you seen a fix for this bug: CSCug87860? Which version fixes this issue I am not able to find it on Cisco site. Let me know please.

Thanks,

matthubach
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to resolve this issue by modifying the "retry" parameter in our SIP OPTIONS profile from 1 to 2.

voice class sip-options-keepalive 1
 down-interval 10
 up-interval 5
 retry 2
!

Amit Sharawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Generally we get such errors if we have configured our cube for OPTION ping, and if there is a network connectivity failure between cube and cucm, then cube marks the dial-peer as down after certain re-tries with option ping.

If you are getting the above messages and the dial-peer is not even configured on your cube, then we are hitting the defect:CSCug87860.

~Amit

Please rate if helpful

Hi Amit,
I am also getting busied out log messages on my gateway. Therefore, is there a fix for this bug: CSCug87860? Do you know if there is IOS release that fixes the issue or it hasn't been released yet? Let me know please.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: