Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial plan for CUCM 8

aidanjohnson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I currently have an old CUCM system that is unable to dial any mobile number that starts 073.  

I'm assuming that this is down to an old dial plan being installed.  As this box no longer has any support on it (due for retirement soon) is there anything that I can do in the meantime?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no way to tell if this is on CUCM or on the GW without reviewing the dial plan configured in CUCM, and if using H.323/SIP the config on the GW as well.

You can start by either reviewing your route plan report, or using DNA to find out how you're routing those calls.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

For some reason DNA is not letting me select options. I'm just restarting those services now.  If it helps, as soon as I dial 9 (outside line) 073 I get a message saying 'the number you have dialed has not been recognised, please contact an operator or try again'

does that sound like the GW ? the dial plans are pretty basic.

thanks

That doesn't sound like CUCM, debug the GW to see if the call makes it that far, and if you see the call there, most likely that's your telco playing that message.

But there must be something in CUCM which sends the calls to the GW as soon as you dial 9073, and that you would need to fix.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

just done a DNA and got:

Match Result = RouteThisPattern

but as you say there must be something that is pushing this as it is immediately after the number 3 is pressed (4th digit)

thanks

I keep seeing issues with the dial plan - does anyone think that this might be worth investigating further? 

Can anyone assist with updating the dial plan when there is no active support contract?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: