cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial Plan Setup

rinkmedia314
Level 1
Level 1

Our system is quite old, and was setup with the line-blocking method for access control. (i.e. Device CSS lists all the gateways, and the line CSS blocks certain patterns) We've become aware that this design has its limits and is no longer being promoted by Cisco.

I've had a look at the SRND for CUCM 11.5 ( http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab11/collab11/dialplan.html ) to find out what the current recommendation is for dial plan access control. But I think I'm being an idiot, as I can't see in that document how you implement dial access control.

What is the current recommendation for implementing access control?

7 Replies 7

Interesting question, we are still with the same method as well. 

From where you found out that this design has its limits and which ones pls ?

I've went quickly thru the SRND without finding the recommendation on this neither.

I was told there were two main reasons for abandoning the line-blocking design:

1. E.164 Numbering. This adds more complication to a line blocking scheme, and Cisco are pushing E.164 numbering as the way to go.
  2. SIP URIs. These just don't fit into a DN blocking scheme at all.

About e164 numbering, the main issue is globalization where we usually send all calls to a Partition TP_to_e164.

Check the very handy option in the TP level "Use Originator's Calling Search Space". You can do something like this

css_l

p_no_gsm

css_d

p_to_e164

p_e164

p_internal

TPs in

p_to_e164 with css_to_e164

Option "Use Originator's Calling Search Space" checked

TPs in

p_no_gsm

\+(GSM format here)

blocked

RP for PSTN access in

p_e164

\+.! pointing to LRG

Short internal extensions and e164 alias are put in p_internal

How's that ?

Yes, I've recently discovered the "Use Originator's Calling Search Space" option on a translation pattern. It does make things easier!

Still would like to have an official design recommendation from Cisco. 

Or any other design is welcome.

Please rate helpful post.

HTH.

About SIP URIs, you can always set up SIP Patterns to block and put them in the Line CSS right ?

rinkmedia314
Level 1
Level 1

Thinking about this a bit more, the question is more: What do you do where in Line Vs Device CSSs?

Onnet dial plan patterns in device CSS and PSTN patterns (& hence restrictions by not listing undesirables) in the line CSS?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: