cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial plan using international escape character +.

abrenes26
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to understand the benefits of using in the dial plan the character \+.

If I program a route pattern like this one: \+!  associated with a route list, the CUCM will send the called number to the first route group and send it through a gateway. If the gateway is an H323, it will remove the +, but if it is an MGCP it will not remove it.

Someone can give a list of benefit's or best practice in order to use it.

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi abrenes26,

That is exactly right. That is the entire purpose of the escape character +

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Please help helpful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

Hi abrenes26,

The international escape character, +, signifies  the international access code in a complete E.164 number format. For  example, NANP numbers have an E.164 global format in the format +1 214  555 1234. The + is a leading character that gets replaced by service  providers in different countries with the international access code to  achieve global dial plans. Configuring the international escape character, +,  in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration allows your  phone users to place calls without having to remember and enter the  international direct dialing prefix/international escape code that is  associated with the called party.

For best practices on configuration, pl refer the following doc under "Using the International Escape Character " section

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmsys/a03rp.html#wp1166491

HTH

Regards

Nitesh

PS: Please rate helpful posts

Hi Nitesh,

Thanks for your explanation.

In your expample, +1 214  555 1234, if I'm in the U.S.A and I want to call another country  the service provider will add the 001 country code of U.S.A to the calling party.

CLID at called party phone: +001 1 214 555 1234

Thit is it?

Regards,

Hi abrenes26,

That is exactly right. That is the entire purpose of the escape character +

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Please help helpful posts