cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial tone present on active call

nmoore1978
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user on our CUCM 7.1 (7.1.5.31900-3) system with a 7940 phone running v8.1(2.0) using SCCP.  When she receives a call she will sometimes hear a dial tone during the call.  She says that the caller cannot hear the dial tone and if she transfers the call the new recipient of the call does not hear the dial tone.  I have switched phones and the problem is still there.  The issue isn't costant and it appears to happen every few weeks.

It appears to always be an incoming call to her phone, and never happening when she makes a call.  It happens from calls within the company as well as calls from outside the company.  So I'm assuming that our UCCX (8.02.10000-41) system is not at fault here or our Unity 8.0(3.1) system.  We have two CUCM servers, one publisher and one subscriber.

Where should I start looking for information on this?  I haven't witnessed the issue and I cannot recreate it.  It is very strange!

Thanks,

Nick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like the issue occurs if the user cancelled their CFWDAll prior to the call.

To prevent the issue:

============

Stop using CFWDAll from the phone.  I understand this may not be realistic.

If the issue is already happening:

=============

Have the user press hold and resume.

Solution:

=============

Open a Cisco TAC case requesting engineering load for 7940 to resolve CSCtg55059.

Regards

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a defect :

CSCtg55059 - "7940/60 user hears dial tone during a connected call "

Upgrading the phone firmware to 8.1(3) should correct the issue.

Thanks

Please rate this post if it is helpful.

It appears that the most recent version of firmware for the 7940/7960 phones is 8.1(2).  There doesn't seem to be a v8.1(3).

Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like the issue occurs if the user cancelled their CFWDAll prior to the call.

To prevent the issue:

============

Stop using CFWDAll from the phone.  I understand this may not be realistic.

If the issue is already happening:

=============

Have the user press hold and resume.

Solution:

=============

Open a Cisco TAC case requesting engineering load for 7940 to resolve CSCtg55059.

Regards

Ok.  Thank you for the information!

-Nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: