cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial Zero Call Manager 9.x

wbarren
Level 1
Level 1

Wondering if anyone has done anything where you Dial Zero from different sites and have the Zero go to different locations but the phones are using the same CSS's at different locations.  We are settting up the enterprise and trying to keep the CSS's standard and not create CSS's for each locations as everyone is sharing centeralized PRI's. For example what I would like to do is have 2 phones using the same Long Distance CSS's at different locations dial Zero but end up at different locations.  We are using Local Route Group for 911 routing with in the Device Pools and I am trying to figure out if we can do something similar for Zero.  Mabye route Zero based on the Device Pool?  Would it be possible to have Zero route through contact center and have contact center do a lookup on the phone's Device pool and route based on that.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You can actually do this using just Translation Patterns by using the Route Next Hop By Calling Party Number option.

In the example below assume site A uses DNs in the 1XXX range and the site operator has DN 1000 and

site B uses DNs in the 2XXX range and the site operator has DN 2000

First create a partitition DIAL-ZERO-XLATE_PT

Next create a calling serach space DIAL-ZERO-XLATE_CSS and add the new partition to it.

Now create a Transaltion Pattern with the settings below:

Translation Pattern:     0

Partition:     INTERNAL_PT (a partition that all the phones can access)

Calling Search Space: DIAL-ZERO-XLATE_CSS

Route Next Hop By Calling Party Number: ticked

For site A create a Transaltion Pattern with the settings below:

Translation Pattern:     1XXX

Partition:     DIAL-ZERO-XLATE_PT

Calling Search Space: INTERNAL_CSS (a CSS that allows calls to the DNs associated with site operators)

Route Next Hop By Calling Party Number: unticked

Called Party Transform Mask:  1000

For site B create a Transaltion Pattern with the settings below:

Translation Pattern:     2XXX

Calling Search Space: INTERNAL_CSS (a CSS that allows calls to the DNs associated with site operators)

Called Party Transform Mask:  2000

I have tested this and it works just fine. The important thing to understand is that the first translation pattern instructs the site specific translation patterns match against the calling number. You need to set Route Next Hop By Calling Party Number on the first translation pattern only.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cannot be done unless the zero destination is outside of CUCM where Local Route Group can be used.

IF the destination is simply a translation pattern pointing to another phone/CTI RP/etc you will need separate CSSes.

HTH,

Chris

Yea I was thinking that was the option but thought just maybe there would be "creative" way to get around it.  What about using Contact Center to lookup the phone's device pool and route based on that not sure if that can be done.

You could use Local Route Groups to add some digits and send it to Contact Center and then distinguish between sites based on the prefix digits.

Take a look at this thread, you can apply this logic, where you basically build RG pointing to a SIP trunk that loops onto the CUCM, I don't know if this is supported, but I have seen other threads using similar logic:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1167954#1167954

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1327766#1327766

HTH,

Chris

I missed the last sentence about contact center, do you have UCCE or UCCX?

You can certainly do a DN lookup on either one, if the sites have specific DN prefix it would be very simple. If this is UCCX you cannot use local route group as you connect to the UCCX via CTI RP which is an internal destination and does not use RP. With UCCE you can route the call to CUSP/CVP via Route Pattern.

HTH,

Chris

We have UCCX

How are DN constructed at each location, are they in consecutive ranges or random extensions at each site?

Chris

The DN's at each site are layed out pretty logical.  Example one site the ext's are 12XXX 13XXX another they are 2XXXX so it would not be that hard to setup matches.  There are a few examples were a person works at a site where their number is 2XXXX but they are at a 12XXX site but there are very few that are like that.  If I go the contact center route I could just do lookups to match the site and route it to the designated number.  I think that would be much easier then manage then having 3 to 4 CSS's persite. Considering the enterpise will prob move to a centeral Operator pool and then all sites will go to the same location which would leave me with a lot of CSS's that are unnessary at that point.

You can build a script such as this one:

HTH, Please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Hi,

You can actually do this using just Translation Patterns by using the Route Next Hop By Calling Party Number option.

In the example below assume site A uses DNs in the 1XXX range and the site operator has DN 1000 and

site B uses DNs in the 2XXX range and the site operator has DN 2000

First create a partitition DIAL-ZERO-XLATE_PT

Next create a calling serach space DIAL-ZERO-XLATE_CSS and add the new partition to it.

Now create a Transaltion Pattern with the settings below:

Translation Pattern:     0

Partition:     INTERNAL_PT (a partition that all the phones can access)

Calling Search Space: DIAL-ZERO-XLATE_CSS

Route Next Hop By Calling Party Number: ticked

For site A create a Transaltion Pattern with the settings below:

Translation Pattern:     1XXX

Called Party Transform Mask:  1000

For site B create a Transaltion Pattern with the settings below:

Translation Pattern:     2XXX

Called Party Transform Mask:  2000

I have tested this and it works just fine. The important thing to understand is that the first translation pattern instructs the site specific translation patterns match against the calling number. You need to set Route Next Hop By Calling Party Number on the first translation pattern only.

Hope this helps!

Works perfect!!     That accomplishes exacly what I wanted to do.

James,

Great way of thinking outside the box (+5).

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: