cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialed Number Analyzer not working right CUCM 8.5.1

cdeeble
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CUCM 8.5.1 cluster. DNA service is running and activated on all 3 CUCM's.

Getting the following warning message when running analyzer:

"DNA is still initializing. Please refresh page and try again after sometime"

Refreshing the page only clears the text boxes on the page and never returns any results.

Has anyone seen this before?

13 Replies 13

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Christine,

It sounds like this bug

CSCtj30467 Bug Details Bug #2 of 9 | < Previous | Next >

Upgrade from 8.0 to 8.5 does not start DNA component.
Symptom:
After L2 upgrade from 8.0 to 8.5 when DNA is launched, and the user tries to analyze a pattern the pop-up indefinitely shows that it is still initializing.

Conditions:
if DNA was activated in 8.0 and it is upgraded to 8.5, the DNA service is not activated, since the new service "DNA Server" service added in 8.5 is not activated during upgrade

Workaround:
1. Deactivate both the DNA services.
2.  Activate "Cisco Dialed Number Analyzer Server" service first
3.  Then Activate "Cisco Dialed Number Analyzer" service
StatusStatus
Fixed             

Severity Severity
3 - moderate

Last Modified Last Modified
In Last 3 Days        

Product Product
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)         

Technology Technology

1st Found-In 1st Found-in
8.5(1)       

Fixed-In Fixed-in
8.5(1.10000.2)
8.5(1.98000.2)
8.5(1.98000.3)
8.5(1.10000.5)
8.5(1.98000.11)
8.5(1.10000.15)
8.5(1.98000.24)
8.5(1.98000.26)
8.5(1.10000.26)
8.6(1.10000.1)
8.6(1.10001.1)
8.6(1.10000.43)

Cheers!

Rob

It sure does - Thanks Rob

I have faced same problem. (after upgrade from 8.0 to 8.5 version)

I will do what huffman said and inform you .

Hi All.

Workaround solved my problem. Thanks.

Workaround crashed my publisher.  All services stopped unexpectantly, some services won't restart via web or cli. 

Hi there,

It's possible you've hit this bug now

CSCtw97158 - If activating DNA without 'DNA Server' service, various services stop

Description

Symptom:
A few services stop, when activating DNA service without activating the 'DNA Server' service
Conditions:
In  the CUCM Serviceability page, there is popup window to suggest to  activate the 'DNA Server' service when customer tries to activate the  DNA service. However, the popup windows has a 'Cancel' option. If the  customer clicks Cancel and does not have 'DNA Server' activated, and  click Save to activate only DNA service, occasionally some other service  are affected (such as CDP, CAPF,  RisDC and TVS).
Those affected  services may vary. But the symptom is they are stopped and cannot be  restarted, the only recovery is to reboot the server.
The issue is  intermittent. Most of the time, there is no issue even if customer  activates only DNA service without activating 'DNA Server' service.
Workaround:
Do  not click Cancel. Always activate the 'DNA Server' service first then  the DNA service. DNA service has dependency on the 'DNA Server' service.

First Found in:                          (1)

8.5(1)

Open

Last Modified:

Sep 11,2012

Product:

Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)

Platform:

Dependent

Severity:

6 - enhancement

Cheers!

Rob

"And if I should fall behind
Wait for me" - Springsteen

Thanks Rob. 

Thanks Rob!

Stopped DNA Service, Activated DNA Server, Restarted DNA Service

Resolved my DNA Still initializing issue on 8.5.1

Thx,

JDonahue

Symptom:

After L2 upgrade from 8.0 to 8.5 when DNA is launched, and the user tries to analyze a pattern the pop-up indefinitely shows that it is still initializing.

Conditions:

if DNA was activated in 8.0 and it is upgraded to 8.5, the DNA service is not activated, since the new service "DNA Server" service added in 8.5 is not activated during upgrade

Workaround:

Symptom:

Conditions:

Workaround:

coleman.noc
Level 1
Level 1

This did not work for me. I have 3 servers and I deactivated both services in all 3 servers. I then went and activated the DNA server on each ands then went back and activated the Service on each server and I still get the same message.

Abouth 30 mins later I tried again and it works! Have some patience when trying this workaround!

This workaround worked for us as well.  It took about 5 minutes but DNA is now working.

Tiberie Kirijas
Level 1
Level 1

The client has UCM 8.6.4 and the DNA stopped all of a sudden. We restarted the DNA services and that did it.

Regards,

Tiberie

hmccloud
Level 1
Level 1

I am running cucm 8.5.1 and used the troubleshooting tips.  It worked for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: