cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dialed number analyzer

BigK
Level 1
Level 1

I have a request to find who called 911 from an IP-Phone. I tried dialed number analyzer but it requires a calling party which is what I am looking for. Can anyone assist on how to find the number that called 911.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Roldan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello BigK,

The dialed number analyzer is a tool to check a particular flow in CUCM, it will not provide any sort of call history.

To review call history you can use the CDR records.

Let me tip you on how to check that information quickly:

[+] Open the CUCM CAR, to do so open a browser and write down "x.x.x.x/car" where x,x,x.x is the Ip of the CUCM publisher.

[+] Once in there follow the steps from here: https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/4_0_1/ccmsrva/sacar7.html

[+] The output CDR Dump is a CSV (comma separate values) file that can be open with Excel and reviewed carefuly.

Regards, Jaime.

Please upvote if helpful.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jason-mcgee
Level 3
Level 3

Bigk,

If you know the date and time you can check under RTMT under real time data and set up the time parameters *911 in search field and you will find what you need. If your call volume is too high, you can do a trace from RTMT and export the CDR's, open in excel and do a search for 911.

Jason

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Because DNA is not for that purpose, it's a tool to verify dial plan routing and make sure you hit the right thing.

Assuming you have CDR/CAR enabled, you would need to look at the reports there, assuming the data is still available in the system.

If CDR/CAR are not enabled, the last resource would be to download CUCM traces and then parse through them, again, assuming that info is still available and it has not been overwritten.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

@ Jaime Valencia
CDR/CAR enabled but it seems what Jaime Roldan provided did not find any such calls. Do you have the steps to follow to get the result?

Thanks
BigK

Jaime Roldan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello BigK,

The dialed number analyzer is a tool to check a particular flow in CUCM, it will not provide any sort of call history.

To review call history you can use the CDR records.

Let me tip you on how to check that information quickly:

[+] Open the CUCM CAR, to do so open a browser and write down "x.x.x.x/car" where x,x,x.x is the Ip of the CUCM publisher.

[+] Once in there follow the steps from here: https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/4_0_1/ccmsrva/sacar7.html

[+] The output CDR Dump is a CSV (comma separate values) file that can be open with Excel and reviewed carefuly.

Regards, Jaime.

Please upvote if helpful.

Thank you all. I was able to find the number. follow Jaime's steps.

BigK