Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialing numbers starting with +

SvetomirS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have CUCM 8.6, and I have installed Cisco Jabber on my cellphone. It works fine when I dial numbers without +,

but when I try to dial number from my directory that starts with +, it fails. I am using H.323 protocol on gateway.

Does anyone know what I should do to make possible dialing numbers that starts with +?

Thanks a lot,

Svetomir

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You have two options:

1) Set up Application Dial Rules to map + numbers to the numbers that you can actuall dial from your handsets currently. Remember once you have configured the rules to run the cmterm-cupc-dialrule-wizard-0.1.cop.sgn to generate the TFTP file from those rules that the Jabber clients need.

- or -

2) Configure your CUCM to support + dialling fully. This would probably be much more complicated...

I'd go for option 1 as it's probably going to be simpler.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You have two options:

1) Set up Application Dial Rules to map + numbers to the numbers that you can actuall dial from your handsets currently. Remember once you have configured the rules to run the cmterm-cupc-dialrule-wizard-0.1.cop.sgn to generate the TFTP file from those rules that the Jabber clients need.

- or -

2) Configure your CUCM to support + dialling fully. This would probably be much more complicated...

I'd go for option 1 as it's probably going to be simpler.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron, thanks for the reply. I have actually tried something like the 1. option. I made an app. dial rule like this:

Application Dial Rule Information
Required Fieldtest
test
+
Required Field12
Required Field1

I wanted to dial +38163XXXXXX. But it didn't work.

Now, I do not understand what should I do with cmterm-cupc-dialrule-wizard-0.1.cop.sgn, or what should I change in my app. dial rule.

I  appreciate your help. Thanks

Hi Svetomir,

What is your country?

I mean, if your application dial rule removes the + sign, then you left with 38163XXXXXX, but I doubt you need to add something to that number before being able of sending it to PSTN, e.g.:

add 00 to have 0038163XXXXXX or 01138163XXXXXX

Can you check if the call arrives to VG? and if yes, in what format?

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: