Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialpeer reselection

qazzaq201
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

I have a question that if ISR can select dialpeer when detected some specific sip codes Such as 404 or 503.

I'm not saying about the SIP OPTIONS, i mean in some cases the remote side can properly respond options messages but for some codes we want to reroute calls to other destination to have try.

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
CUBE does that by default. You can disable that behavior using “no voice hunt”. For example, upon receipt of a 404 Not Found CUBE will try the next dial-peer matched; however, you can disable that with
“no voice hunt unassigned-number” if desired.

Thanks for reply, Jonathan. So you mean voice hunt would also work for sip environment? Previously I merely tried this command in ISDN-SIP environment, I never think of it can work under pure sip environment

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1) Voice Hunt is the way to go

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/voice/command/reference/vrht_v2_ps5207_TSD_Products_Command_Reference_Chapter.html#wp1190281

voice hunt

To configure an originating or tandem router so that it continues dial-peer hunting if it receives a specified disconnect cause code from a destination router, use the voice hunt command in global configuration mode. To configure the router so that it stops dial-peer hunting if it receives a specified disconnect cause code (the default condition), use the no form of this command. To restore the default dial-peer hunt setting, use the default form of this command.

voice hunt {disconnect-cause-code | all}

no voice hunt {disconnect-cause-code | all}

default voice hunt

Syntax Description

disconnect-cause-code

A code returned from the destination router to indicate why an attempted end-to-end call was unsuccessful. If the specified disconnect cause code is returned from the last destination endpoint, dial peer hunting is enabled or disabled. Table 242 in the "Usage Guidelines" section describes the possible values. You can enter the keyword, decimal value, or hexadecimal value.

all

Continue dial-peer hunting for all disconnect cause codes returned from the destination endpoint.

Restores the default dial-peer hunt setting, that is, the router stops dial-peer hunting if it receives the user-busy or no-answer disconnect cause code.

2) Here One more command which might create confusion is dial-peer hunt ? which is used to select the dial-peer which is used to actually select the dial-peer before routing call

dial-peer hunt

To specify a hunt selection order for dial peers, use the dial-peer hunt command in global configuration mode. To restore the default selection order, use the no form of this command.

hunt-order-number

A number from 0 to 7 that selects a predefined hunting selection order:

0—Longest match in phone number, explicit preference, random selection. This is the default hunt order number.

1—Longest match in phone number, explicit preference, least recent use.

2—Explicit preference, longest match in phone number, random selection.

3—Explicit preference, longest match in phone number, least recent use.

4—Least recent use, longest match in phone number, explicit preference.

5—Least recent use, explicit preference, longest match in phone number.

6—Random selection.

7—Least recent use.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

dial-peer hunt hunt-order-number

Thanks, Haris. I know 'voice hunt' and in my understanding this command should use for ISDN calls. Can it be also used for sip calls? because I see the disconnect cause code should the ISDN cause code 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: