cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DID not reaching voicemail for outside access

S1N1STAR
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM neophyte here looking for some guidance.  I inherited maintaining our phone system due to the misfortune of mentioning I used to configure the 79xx phones in a previous gig, so they dropped the entire system in my lap!  The most recent crisis is that no one can access voicemail retrieval from the outside line.  I opened support with our provider and they state that the "call hit your PBX and it's giving us a message of 'unassigned number'".  So I've rooted around in CUCM and Unity (both v. 10.5.2) to no avail nor have I been able to successfully google-fu an answer.  Basically where do I verify the configuration of outside voicemail access?  And to be clear this is the number our users call to retrieve voicemail when not on campus.  Thank you!

20 Replies 20

Apart from setting the call forward all setting to check the VM check.box, that would tell the system to use the voice mail profile to route the call to Unity, ie it does not actually use the CFA CSS at all, I would recommend you to assign the directory number (7000) to a CTI Route Point. As an example on how this might look here is one such CTI RP from one of our CMs.

image.png

Response Signature

Thank you, that cracked it!  I created a new CTI Route Point using the examples posted as a guide and now 7000 connects to voicemail internally and externally.  Huzzah!  Thank you all SO MUCH for the input and guidance!

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

If for some reason my previous suggestion does not work, leave the box uncheck, re-enter 6000 in the call forward destination field of extension 7000, then keep changing the CSS on the right hand side, hit save and test internally until it works. Once it works internally, then test from the external number.

TechLvr_3-1663767144772.png

Also set the Call Forward Unregistered Internal and External to 6000 with the CSS from the CfwdAll setting. But I don't know that this will work in any case.

My guess is that this extension (7000) was originally on a CTI Route Point (which would be registered, so the CfwdAll setting would work). That is the standard way to have a number forward to Unity Connection and hit a call handler.

Maren

A CTI RP used for this would not be registered as there is nothing that actually controls it. It's just a dead drop point that has a CFA (Call Forward All) set, so the other CF that you mention would never get into play as whatever is set on CFA out trumps the others.

Response Signature

I thought it registered with CUCM, but I'm probably wrong about that. (That's what I get for answering without mocking it up in my lab first.) Thanks, @Roger Kallberg 

Do it Roger's way.

Maren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: