Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Differeence betwween restricted and unrestricted upgrade

Hi

I am going to upgrade my CUCM from version 7.1.3 to 7.1.5

In 7.1.5 i can see 2 version one for restricted and one for unrestricted.

What is the diffence between these two and what should i use.

Appreciate your reply.

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Restricted means 'export restricted' - it supports encryption; this is the normal version for countries where encryption is not a legal problem.

Unrestricted means export unrestricted - encryption is disabled, and can't be enabled.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron

Appreciate your prompt reply.

I have one more query.

It mean to say in unresricted version we are not able to security profile.

And as mentioned in cisco docs, is it not possible to revert back to restricted version once upgraded to unrestricted vesion.

And in future if i want to enable encyption in my unrestricted version , is there any solution for that.

Thanks

Hi

According to the release notes; it is not supported to migrated from unrestricted to restricted:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/7_1_5/cucm-rel_notes-715.html#wp1768767

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts and mark answered questions that you've got a satisfactory response from to help identify useful content in the forums...
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6212

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

As told by Aaron in unrestricted build we do not have any security option enabled. So you can not enable encryption on unrestricted build.

If you want to have security feature in your setup you need to do fresh install of CUCM restricted version. Remember that you cannot backup unrestricted version and restore on restricted build. You have to configure the restricted CUCM from scratch.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I just tried both links and they're working fine.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: