Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference between UCL Enhanced Plus vs. Enhanced

Daniel Gomez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out to clarify the actual difference between a UCL Enhanced Plus license and a UCL Enhaced.

I understand that the difference is that UCL Enhanced Plus supports two devices for 1 end user instead of one device for UCL Enhanced.

If that is correct, using Enhanced Plus allows:

1. Using a hard phone + Jabber?

2. Jabber could be any option (desktop for windows, for mac, iPhone, iPad, etc.)?

3. Could I configure all of the devices for the user and just use two of them simultaneously?

Regards,

Daniel G.

7 Replies 7

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Daniel,

I suppose if u configure more than two devices for a user, then it would be CUWL Standard and not Enhanced UCL Plus.

regds,

aman

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hello

+5  for Aman. Kindly also find the below FYI.

Enhanced UCL:- This will allow for the client's deskphone. If the end user wants Jabber only in CTI controlled mode.

Enhanced UCL  Plus:- provides support for two Devices. Example. user A can operate two devices,  IP Phone and his Jabber Client on his iPad. user A will only consume a single UCL Enhanced Plus License in this scenario.

CUWL Standard:- provides for all the features included with the UCL Enhanced / Plus license level.
CUWL Standard provide support for more than two devices. I believe 10 devices remains the maximum keeping in line with UC9.0 CUWL Standard Licensing parameters.

Thanks
please rate all useful information

Will the  Enhanced Plus license enough for VPN Less Jabber over expressway ?.

1 IP Phone device and second jabber over express way 

Dear Eng. Islam

Is CUWL time-limited?

also

in Expressway E Pub and Sub

if I need to add more license for Rich Media Sessions, each license I buy

thank you so much

mdalsayed

If you purchased license through A flex, the license will be limited to the subscription durations. 

RMS license will be shared between nodes in Expressway cluster. 

Capacity licensing is done on a per-cluster basis, and all capacity licenses installed on a cluster peer are available to any peer in the cluster. This includes Rich Media Session licenses and room system & desktop system registration licenses.

Response Signature

Dear Nithin

hope you have a good day,

I don't know what is A flex? and can I buy life time CUWL License?

As I Know TelePresence Room, Enhanced 11.x and Enhance Plus 11.x licenses is a life time licenses. is it true? 

mdalsayed

There is no perpetual license any more, all new license will be subscription based.

If you hold a perpetual license, you can use it. 

Response Signature