Views
Helpful
Replies

Digit dial timeout with range of extensions

jeedme
Level 1
Level 1

dears

i have in cucm range of extension but i have some phone numbers when we dial to them it took around 20 seconds to ring them.

because their extension numbers contain the first region key number, so cucm is waiting 20 seconds to enter the rest of number. after 20 seconds it transfer the call to extension internal.

public key to call on our cucm is "9" , and we have a regions their key starting from 011 - 020.

and we have a range of extensions starting from 9011 - 9020.

someone told me to change the digit dial timeout and make it less than 10 sec.

is issue i'dk how to change it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Inter digit timer value is specified in service parameter T302 present under Clusterwide Parameters (Device - General) section. (Default Value = 15 seconds)

Capture.PNG

Response Signature

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Hi,

I have reduced the inter-digit timeout in some cases to 5 sec and never got
a complaint. Having that said, you need to fix your dialplan cuz rule of
thumb is to avoid extensions starting with 0,1,9.

If you can do that, then this is a long term solution. Otherwise, reduce
interdigit timeout or add '#' to the end of DNs so that they are dialed
without timeout

**** please remember to rate useful posts

could you please tell me how to reduce the timeout ?

Its called T302 timer under service parameters.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

Inter digit timer value is specified in service parameter T302 present under Clusterwide Parameters (Device - General) section. (Default Value = 15 seconds)
[cid:image003.jpg@01D6A620.BC2405D0]

Response Signature

Capture.PNG

Response Signature

i'll dot it after the working hours, and i'll let you know

even your inter-digit timeout will not help you.

its not recommended to have internal and external pattern same. u need to use different access code other than 9 in this case.

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're not familiar with CUCM and fully understand how the dial plan and digit analysis engine works, it would be in your best interest to get a reputable UC consultant or a local Cisco UC partner WITH voice specializations to assist with this, as already mentioned, this is caused due to an overlapping dial plan, and in order to fix this, you need to review your whole dial plan to then plan alternatives which would work, and then execute the actual changes.

Changing the IDT is just a band aid, it doesn't fix the actual problem.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

Assuming you want to be able to dial say 9011 and have the extension start ringing immediately, you could mark the Directory Numbers as "Urgent".   That means it won't wait for any further digits.  However it also means you can't dial a PSTN number starting 9011 as you'll never get past that point. You don't say where your installation is, so I don't know if that is a problem for you.

If it is then the only sensible options are either to renumber these extensions, or change to something other than "9" for outside calls.

Messing around with interdigit timeouts will never be great, you'll have a timeout that's short enough to annoy people who look at their address book for a moment when dialling, but also long enough to annoy people calling those extensions.