Views
Helpful
Replies

Digital phones to IP Phones

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Guys,

we have a customer (HOTEL) requesting an IP Based solution for the main offices that can extend to thier hotel rooms as well. Not necessarily a Hospitality solution but as a first step towards this.

their main offices are wired up properly but the rooms are only for digital phones currently.

im looking for something that can tie both together and do a phased migration eventaully.

any ideas of has anyone done something similar.

i have contacted my Cisco rep as well and am awaiting a response.

thanks

5 Replies 5

charles
Level 1
Level 1

Pehaps think about using fxs gateways such V224 and cheap POTs telephones. That way you can keep the internal telephone wiring for the rooms and IP Phones for the offices.

Thanks for the reply and this was our initial recommendation as well. I think we came up with around 14 224 and the cost was too high.

mcecilia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been looking for this with our cisco reps but have not had result.

Good luck

Vg224 or Vg350 would only work if the phones are analog, the original posts stated these are digital phones. The only solution would be to integrate the 2 systems via tie line, i.e. PRI if supported on the current system.

HTH,

Chris

Chris is correct of course as we are now talking about analog. the issue is that we know there isnt any support for Digitial so we pitched the idea of leaving the existing cabling, replace the digital sets with hotel type analog sets and use the VG. i was just exploring if anyone ever had similar experiences and what other options might exist.

the main issue is that the competition is coming in much lower of course and offering a mix of analog,digital and IP. although we pitch collaboaration, scalability, maintenance etc versus "just another PBX" we will still have to seriously convince the customer to go with a solution from us that is normally twice the price.

again, not a conversation on sales here but just exploring if anyone had any innovative ideas

thanks again