Views
Helpful
Replies

direct-inward-dial not working correctly

Adrián Moran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all good day;

Recently in my telephone infrastructure was added a new set of DID numbers but this number aren't able to reach my phone ext 4 digits number. Explanation:

we have already a rule 1 /^95/ PSTN number routing to /41/ ext number in CUCM

TELCO is sending 4 digits and that are converter to 4 digits ext number.

that rule works perfectly, but then we added

rule 2 /^91+/ /40/
rule 3 /^9940$/ /4046/
rule 4 /^9941$/ /4047/

to have the new 91 DID and the 99 DID both of them arent working, already TELCO sent 4 digits, but when i make a call to 9130 DID i cant get the call in my phone with 4030 ext number, making a call from my cellphone and checking with call active voice compact i see:

<callID>    A/O      FAX T<sec>      Codec      type      Peer Address IP R<ip>:<udp>

205787    ANS     T0                     None       TELE      P(mycellphone number)

apparently the are no codec for this call

am i missing something, how can i debug if the gateway is routing the call to my CUCM

here are the dial-peer and voice translation rules:

dial-peer voice 2000 pots
translation-profile incoming did-inbound
incoming called-number .
direct-inward-dial
port 1/0/0:0

Translation Profile: did-inbound
Rule for Calling number:
Rule for Called number: 100
Rule for Redirect number:
Rule for Redirect-target number: Rule for Callback number:

voice translation-rule 100
rule 1 /^9550/ /4150/
rule 2 /^95/ /41/
rule 4 /^91+/ /40/
rule 5 /^9940$/ /4046/
rule 6 /^9941$/ /4047/
rule 7 /^9942$/ /4048/
rule 8 /^9943$/ /4049/
rule 9 /^9944$/ /4050/
rule 10 /^9945$/ /4051/
rule 11 /^9946$/ /4052/

Thanks

Regards

MSE Adrian M.
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If I understand your description correct I would recommend you to change your rules to this.

rule 2 /^95\(..\)$/ /41\1/
rule 4 /^91\(..\)$/ /40\1/

This will keep the last two digits and add 41 in-front if the called number starts with 95 and 40 if it starts with 91.

You should also be able to remove rule 1 as that would be redundant with the suggested change of rule 2.

Apart from this a general comment on your number plan. It’s not the best design I ever seen as you seem to map wildly without any specific thinking of keeping any digits of the once you get from the telco. Over time this is not manageable IMHO.

If it was me doing the translation and design of number plan I would do this.

Remove all rules above 5 , aka with number >5, and replace it with this.

rule 5 /^99\(..\)$/ /42\1/

Or change the new range to not start with 40 so that you can keep 40 for the old number range.

If you do that you could remove all your rules and replace it with these.

rule 1 /^99\(..\)$/ /40\1/
rule 3 /^91\(..\)$/ /42\1/

Response Signature

View solution in original post

Based on His translation rule 100, @Adrián Moran does irregular translation.

Your rules is the best if he translate  in sequence. 

Since it’s not clear about his requirement I considered the below portion of his  question

“i  make a call to 9130 DID i cant get the call in my phone with 4030 ext number,”

Response Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Are you sure that your telco are delivering your new number range to your gateway?

What type of integration do you have with your carrier? SIP or ISDN PRI / BRI? If SIP, use debug ccsip messages, if using ISDN use debug ISDN Q931

What other call control systems are involved? CUCM? If the telephone numbers are being delivered by your telco / ITSP to your CUBE / Voice gateway, do you have the appropriate dial-peers configured to pass these digits to the other call control system (assuming CUCM)?

If I understand your description correct I would recommend you to change your rules to this.

rule 4 /^91\(..\)$/ /40\1/

This will keep the last two digits and add 41 in-front if the called number starts with 95 and 40 if it starts with 91.

You should also be able to remove rule 1 as that would be redundant with the suggested change of rule 2.

Apart from this a general comment on your number plan. It’s not the best design I ever seen as you seem to map wildly without any specific thinking of keeping any digits of the once you get from the telco. Over time this is not manageable IMHO.

If it was me doing the translation and design of number plan I would do this.

Remove all rules above 5 , aka with number >5, and replace it with this.

rule 5 /^99\(..\)$/ /42\1/

Or change the new range to not start with 40 so that you can keep 40 for the old number range.

If you do that you could remove all your rules and replace it with these.

rule 1 /^99\(..\)$/ /40\1/
rule 3 /^91\(..\)$/ /42\1/

Response Signature

What I understood, from the post.

Instead of full digit as called number , your ISP send   last 4 digits of your DID . your  old   block is  99XX and  the new block is 91XX. When a call for 9130 arrive on gateway you need to translate it to 4030.

I dint see any rules to match this requirement on voice translation-rule 100.

you need a rule as mentioned below.

rule X /^9130$/ /4030/

Response Signature

What reason is there to have a rule for one number when the example that I gave would work for all 100 numbers?

Response Signature

Based on His translation rule 100, @Adrián Moran does irregular translation.

Your rules is the best if he translate  in sequence. 

Since it’s not clear about his requirement I considered the below portion of his  question

“i  make a call to 9130 DID i cant get the call in my phone with 4030 ext number,”

Response Signature

Makes sense. It’s a quite poorly written question, so pretty open-ended for interpretation. ‘;)’

Response Signature