cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directories - Missed calls, Received calls CM 5.x

bfollmer1
Level 1
Level 1

I have been trying to figure out if it is possible to manipulate directory information on missed and received calls.

Currently, if a user selects missed calls (or received) from their directory and they want to return a long distance call from that list, they have to select the “edit dial” soft button and enter 91 before the ten-digit ANI number on their display. Next they need to select the “dial” soft key” to place the call.

I would like to configure it so the system auto inserts the 9 and 1 on all 10-digit numbers listed in the missed and received calls directory.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mhendren925
Level 1
Level 1

You can do it by going to System --> Service Parameters. Choose your server then for service choose Call Manager. Click on "Advanced" at the top. Under "Clusterwide Parameters" you can set the prefix under "Incoming Calling Party" depending on if you want it to apply to national, international, subscriber or unknown callers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mhendren925
Level 1
Level 1

You can do it by going to System --> Service Parameters. Choose your server then for service choose Call Manager. Click on "Advanced" at the top. Under "Clusterwide Parameters" you can set the prefix under "Incoming Calling Party" depending on if you want it to apply to national, international, subscriber or unknown callers.

I applied settings to the National incoming calling party and the "91" shows in the missed and received calls directory.

Oddly, this introduced an issue. Now the number shows in those directories as 91-555-555xxx.

What's happening is the last digit of the CID is stripped and is replaced with the first 3 digits of my extension number. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Your suggestion worked. I did need to make an addtion change. I had "insert hyphens in 12 digit numbers" set to true. This setting needs to be the default, false to work properly.

Thank you.

Maybe a stupid question, but how do you insert only a 9 if you have local 10 digit dialing?

If you put 91 in the prefix where do you put just 9?