cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory Greetings UCMBE 6.1

bschear
Level 1
Level 1

With UCMBE 6.1 how do you record a greeting for the directory handler in the Unity Connection? There doesn't appear to be an option to record the greeting if you want to customize it.

5 Replies 5

mmertens
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running Unity Connection 7.X- did you find a way to modify the DH greeting? I've recorded a greeting on a new DH's "Voice Name" but when I go through the AA, and select this DH, I hear the canned DH "Who'd you like to reach". Thanks!

You can't, that's explained in the documentation.

Routing Calls to a Voice Directory Handler

Because directory handlers do not have greetings, we recommend that you  use call handlers or one-key dialing to route callers to a directory  handler, and use the call handler greeting to explain caller options for  each directory handler.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsag070.html

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Java. I guess I'm still preplexed as to what the purpose of the customizable recording for "Voice Name" on the DH was for. The doc seemed be very ambiguous to me regarding the purpose of having a "Voice Name" recording on the front page of the DH and seemed to be exactly for the purpose of modifying the DH announcement.

The problem is: I can customize a CH to have the instructions for what the caller should do at the DH, but now I don't have any way to turn off the "Who'd you like to reach" greeting of the DH, which is obviously going to be in a different voice than all my other recordings, and will not provide a smooth transition for a caller going through the tree.

Anyway, I appreciate your response and clarifying the DH greeting option.

Thanks,

Mike.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Just thought I would add this CUC 8.x change

Directory Handler Greeting Can Be Customized

You can record a custom greeting that callers hear when they reach a directory handler. If more than one Cisco Unity Connection language is installed, the greeting can be recorded in multiple languages.

You activate the custom greeting by checking the Use Custom Greeting check box on the Edit Greeting page for a directory handler. When Use Custom Greeting is checked, you can use the MediaMaster on the page to record or upload the custom greeting for the directory handler, and Connection plays the custom greeting to all callers who reach the handler. When Use Custom Greeting is unchecked, Connection plays the system default greeting.

By default, the Use Custom Greeting check box is unchecked, and the behavior is the same as in previous releases—Connection plays the system default directory handler greeting.

As an alternative to recording your own directory handler greeting, the Cisco Unity Tools website offers a zip file containing various prerecorded greetings. To use a prerecorded greeting for a directory handler, download and unzip the file, then choose an individual prompt file to open in the MediaMaster on the Edit Greeting page for the directory handler in Connection Administration. The zip file and instructions that list the recording text and file name for each prompt are available at http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Unity/AlternateDirectoryHandlerPrompts/AlternateDirectoryHandlerPrompts.html.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/release/notes/801cucrn.html#wp411833

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob for the information! I know look forward to my first UC 8 installation! Man, was this customizable DH a long-time coming!!!

Thanks for the info.

Mike.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: