cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory number unassociated with user, still not showing in the unassigned directory number

Abhishek Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

Have a small query.

We have certain folks that left office a while back , was assigned the task of removing them from the data base.

I simply went to the user device profile, deleted the user profile and then from device >> phones, deleted the extension .

But the strange part is that the extension is not showing in the unassigned directory number database.

I kindly wanted to know if there is something which i am missing here, because the 2 users that i have deleted till now are nowhere to be seen on the database, still not being shown in the unassigned directory numbers

P.S , The directories have not been assigned to any other user.

ccm version : 8.0.3.2000-2 , 2 nodes in the cluster.

Whatever level you reach getting better never stops -- Sachin Tendulkar
4 Replies 4

sdekooter
Level 1
Level 1

Can you see the numbers in the 'Route Plan report' (under Call Routing). Is there a specific reason the DNs are associated with both a UDP and a phone? (as opposed to one of them)

No there is no specific reason, and precisely that is the issue, the deleted directory numbers are not being shown in the  route plan report . ideally as soon as we delete the device/directory number , user profile, the number automatically falls in the cateogory in the unassigned number list.  So this is a weird situation that is being faced by us.

Can you still access the URL of the DN itself?

E.g.: ccmadmin/directoryNumberEdit.do?key=78b66301-8b01-db7e-647d-115e1c83c0ca&mapkey=154bc658-7df6-d5b6-61b5-3b23ec0aff38&devicekey=880f529d-78fd-a555-0481-87ed38442a48&index=1

If you do not delete the DN but replace it with a new one, can the old one be found under 'Unassigned DNs'?

I think what happens is per design because the phones (as opposed to the UDPs) are not complete removed. When a DN is tied to a UDP only and the UDP itself is deleted you get a 'floating' DN, belonging to no other entity. When after deletion of the UDP you open the DN on the phone and hit 'delete' you're accually removing the DN as a whole.

When reversing the process (starting at the phone and working your way down to the UDP) I think you will find the DN under unassigned DNs.

Hi,

Thanks for the descriptive explaination.

Let me make it more clear for you.

We have nearly 10 users, i tried deleting the first two from phone > device . i was able to do it. i also deleted the profile of the users who were using the extension, extension 6223 and 6471.

What was weird was that when we go to RPR and then check the extension it does not show there ( even after all the dissociation ) from the phones and profile, but when the same DN 6223 is assigned to a newly created profile, eg. profile for Abhishek it shows the extension 6223 ( which i configured ) for the profile. But the extension 6471 ( which has not been assigned ) to any new user, is still not being shown on the Route Plan Report .

And if i  comprehended your descriptive message correctly, you meant that deleting the udp , pretty much makes that DN available, but deleting it from device > phone, makes it go permanently   but in that case 6223 would not have been assigned to the new udp created by me right, does it make sense, my concern  ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: