Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable 8961 Sleep Mode with UC560

Hello all.

I have a customer install consisiting of a UC560 and a number of phones including 8961s. The 8961s go to power save / sleep mode after a while and although the LCD display goes dark the navigation buttons light up brightly. Some of the 8961s are in bedrooms where the glowing navigation buttons are a nuisance.

As the PBX is a UC560 I have to use CCA to manage it and there is no option that I can find to disable the power save mode. I was hoping that I could go into the command line of the UC560 and disable this "feature" but cannot find any notes on this.

Has anyone run into a similar issue and found a fix?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

For others who may have a similar issue, I have resolved this myself.

In the SEPXXX.cnf.xml file on the phone switch, and the following entries to the key:

00:01

In my case, the customer wanted the display to be off at all times and only on for 1 minute after phone usage so the above settings gave them this behavior. You can change the entries to customize the behavior to your liking.

Note that this is not a supported configuration in the UC560 phone switch so any time the phone configurations are edited via CCA these settings are removed and will have to be added back.