cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

disable auto dial from Missed Calls directory

aramos17428
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to disable the auto dial feature from the missed calls directory? Let me explain, When a caller dials a number and the call was missed, the information will be stored within the Missed calls directory. If the end user wants to call the caller back he can simply select the number, hit softkey dial or just simply pick up the handset and the number will be automatically dialed. This creates a particular problem for a customer that handles calls for 911 people calling into the customers main number to request information about benefits, their caller ID comes as 911. The end user (customer side) sometimes pays no attention and just picks up the phone from within the Missed Calls directory and the last number was of course that last person that call from the 911 center, then we have a false 911 call from the site. I looked everywhere but cant find a CM service description that will disable this feature. I can not block the number since they still need to dial 9,911 and 911.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Armando

5 Replies 5

aramos17428
Level 1
Level 1

Any ideas,

Maybe from the PDI Hdesk.

thanks

Armando

AFAIK this is embedded in the firmware and thus cannot be disabled

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Armando

Bryan Geoghan
Level 1
Level 1

This has been happening to a customer of mine too. We are on 8.5 and it seems to be happening to only the 7970s. It's not consistent and has happened on a few phones. If they miss a call and then they go to make a new call and pick up the handset, it automatically calls back to the missed call.

Any ideas?

Hi,

There is  a bug filed on this issue. (CSCtj76712).

The firmware 9.2(1)  will have the fix to it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: