cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

disable idivert, call logs question

Josh Howard
Level 1
Level 1

Brief system and problem over view.  We are using CUCM version 8.6.2.23900-10.  We have a receptionist using the attendant console.  We also have an over ring line setup to go to all the other secretaries.  We have a user problem which is people don't answer the over ring line or I also had one person admit that they have pressed the idivert button on over ring calls.  When this happens they go to voicemail and get the after hours message saying the office isn't open.  So this is an obvious problem and the easiest solution would be for lazy people to just answer the phones but this seems too hard for some people.

So I'm trying to figure out away to help management correct this issue.  I was wondering first if there was a way to disable the idivert button all together on all phones?  I was looking thru cucm admin and didn't find anything obvious.  The second question, is there a way to log these sorts of actions like user or device xxx used idivert on the overing line or some simple call log report that shows which device answered the over ring extension.  It would be nice to have some audited call logs so we can figure out who isn't answering these calls or is using idivert.

I know this is a pretty broad question but I'm hoping someone has had a similar experience and can at least point me in the right direction.  Especially call logs.  It would be nice to have a monthly user call report saying who they called and what calls they received.

Thanks,
Josh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

To disable idivert, you can create custom softkey template and remove iDivert softkey from the template. This assign this template to all phones using bulk administration.

Regarding the second question, CUCM CDR can help you to export call logs which will show you the details of each call in PDF or CSV format

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi,

To disable idivert, you can create custom softkey template and remove iDivert softkey from the template. This assign this template to all phones using bulk administration.

Regarding the second question, CUCM CDR can help you to export call logs which will show you the details of each call in PDF or CSV format

Thanks, the custom softkey template was easy enough.  I'll test out the log export tool you've mentioned and hopefully we can grab some information from that to help us out.  Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: