cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable Music On Hold

SteveK066
Level 1
Level 1

I set the DN on my phone - User Hold MOH Audio Source and Network Hold MOH Audio Source to None. I've seen various posts, but not by disabling it this way in CUCM, Directory Number Information - Directory Number Settings. It seems straightforward but the music still plays. I wonder what else I may be missing.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @SteveK066,

Check the device pool configuration for the phone that is experiencing the issue. Ensure that the correct MRGL is assigned to the device pool. The MRGL should not include any MOH audio sources or should be configured with the desired MOH audio source set to "None."

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @SteveK066,

Check the device pool configuration for the phone that is experiencing the issue. Ensure that the correct MRGL is assigned to the device pool. The MRGL should not include any MOH audio sources or should be configured with the desired MOH audio source set to "None."

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Also keep in mind that the DN setting for MoH on the phone that presses Hold determines the audio source selection, while the MRGL of the phone being held determines the server from which MoH will be requested.

This means that if you don't want to hear MoH, the MRGL associated with your phone would need to not have an MoH in one of its MRGs AND no MoH source exists in the cluster that is not in an MRG. (Any MoH source that is not in an MRG is available to all objects on a cluster.)

Alternately, if you want to disable MoH for the entire cluster while still making other Media Resources available (such as the Annunciator), once you turn on the IP Voice Media Streaming App service you can go to Media Resources > Music on Hold Server and change the Run flag to False. You'd need to do this on all servers that have the IPVMSA Service enabled. (And it wouldn't hurt to do it on all servers regardless in case that service is turned on later.)

Finally, note that if you disable MoH in this way that CUCM will provide periodic "beeps" signaling to those on hold that they are still on hold. If you want to disable the beeps, you'd want to create a new MoH index number selecting the "SilenceAudioSource" as the audio file. This will 'stream' silence with no beeps, and with Silence Suppression it won't take audio bandwidth either.

Maren

Thank you for the details/explanation - I never realized the phone being held is significant too. In my case, I wanted to disable it on my phone, as with the occasion I'm on a call-in conference call, I may need to put the call on hold temporarily. So in this case I'm putting a SIP trunk on hold. It's mainly for when I initiate joining the conference with my phone, but then want to resume on Jabber. Not sure if there's a way to select the same line on Jabber when it's in use and not need to use hold, but I'm thinking not. 

I found though that I can change the audio source to 1-SampleAudioSource, and that plays accordingly, but the when choosing None, our standard audio source plays