Views
Helpful
Replies

disable PSTN conference for remote users in CME

Siddharam M
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In my CME setup i have an HO and a branch , i want to disable PSTN conference for branch users.

I have an PSTN line in my HO and branch users are calling ip phone of HO and HO user calls mobile number then they conference all the three . I want to disable it.

Currently when branch users try to dial PSTN they are getting busy tone but conference is happening . i want to disable the same.

i want to know what configuration i need to do . Any help is appriciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Siddu

5 Replies 5

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

Go to your device pool of your CUCM and for (MGRL -none).

Thank you

please rate if this will help

Hi ,

I am using CME not CUCM , i m running it on UC520.

Thanks....

hello

ok please use the below

telephony-service

max-conferences 0

exit

thank you

Hello

if you are wonder how conference enable without special configuration for conference , please find the below

Conferencing allows you to join three or more parties in a telephone conversation. Two types of conferencing are available in Cisco Unified CME: ad hoc and meet-me.Ad hoc conferences can be hardware-based or software-based. Software-based conferences use the router CPU to provide audio mixing (G.711) and are limited to 3 parties. Hardware-based multi-party ad hoc conferencing uses digital signal processors (DSPs) to allow more parties than software-based ad hoc conferencing and also provides additional features such as Join and Conference Participant List (ConfList).

Thank you

hoanghiep
Level 1
Level 1

If branch users are not allowed to make PSTN calls (as I understand from your post), you can use LPCOR to disable conference.

for example, assign the groups:

- HQ user: HQ_Users

- Remote Users: Remote_Users

- PSTN trunks/ports: PSTN

Policy:

PSTN: accept HQ_Users; reject Remote_Users

HQ_Users: accept Remote_Users, accept PSTN

Remote_Users: accept HQ_Users, accept_PSTN

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: