cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disabling email notification on Cisco Unity 5.0(1)

poppeyrock
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Someone help me on how to disable email notification for a single user from Unity. User receives email notification with .wav file from unity. He wants us to disable that.

Note: Users are exported from Exchange Server. User has no access to Unity Personal Assistant.

Steps I tried:

Logged in to Unity as a admin.

Searched and selected the Subscriber Profile - > Clicked Message Notification -> Under Notification devices, selected Text for Unity -> Unchecked Voice Message and everything.

Did the same on Home Phone to Work Phone. But still he receives email notification

Awaiting your suggestions

Regards

R. Sre Hari

+971557000997

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you saying the user is receiving a Message Notification in addition to the actual voicemail message in Exchange; or, only one email per voicemail?

If the later this is how Unity Unified Messaging worked: the user's Exchange mailbox was used as the message store for voicemails. If Unity was deployed as a Voicemail Only solution instead of UM a local copy of Exchange was installed on the Unity server instead of joining your Exchange organization. In short, Unity relies on Exchange.

Your options:

• Create a duplicate AD account and Exchange mailbox (will consume additional MS CALs), then bind Unity to that mailbox instead of the user's real one.
  • migrate to Unity Connection, which is a free upgrade provided you have an active UCSS contract. CXN has a local message store and can selectively integrate per-mailbox with Exchange using it's Single Inbox feature.
  • Tell the user to get over it.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi Jonathan,

User receives one email per voice mail. When we leave a voice message to the user, the MWI is not turning ON on his phone, instead he receives email with .wav(Voice mail) attachment.

User says that he doesnt want email. He wants MWI to be ON on his phone, when someone leaves him a voice mail.

Regards

R. Sre Hari

Hello

I hope you firstly to dial MWI on ext and MWI off to check it is ok or not .

1- On the Windows Start menu of the Cisco Unity server, click Programs > Cisco Unity > Manage

Integrations.Check that you enter MWI on & Off Subscribers > Subscribers > Messages page for the

subscriber.

2-Confirm that the Use MWI for Message Notification check box is checked.Under MWI Extensions, confirm that the Extension field is set to X (indicating the primary extension assigned to a subscriber) or to the extension number on which MWIs will be set for the subscriber.

Thank you

please rate if this will help

Hi,

i tried dialing MWI On and OFF ext and its working fine. I resynced MWI too. MWI field is set to X.

Regards

R. Sre Hari

when someone leaves voice message, the MWI on IP phone is not getting ON and the user gets voice mail in a .wav format via email