Views
Helpful
Replies

Disabling MOH

sravan.at
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to disable MOH for a single user/phone. If yes, could you please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Debasis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sravan,

Alternatively, In 10.5.2 SU1 if I am not wrong, there is a Silence.wave file included in the MOH files in the CCM.

For any user who do not want OTHERS (not for themselves) to hear MoH you may assign that file directly under the DN / Line Config and whenever these users place anyone else on hold, the holder will not hear any MoH (it is silence).

HTH

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assuming this is CUCM, and you mean that when this person is put on hold he/she does not hear MOH, then simply assign an MRGL to the phone that does not have access to MRG with any MOH servers. Also, make sure you do not have any MOH servers unassigned to any MRGs as those are considered available to all.

Hi Chris,

This is CUCM 10.5 and the user don't want to hear music while on hold. Is there a way to disable music on hold service for a particular user?

Yes, what I described will do just that assuming the person that placed the user on hold is another Cisco phone, if it's external user then the MOH comes from another system and you have no control over that.

Hi Sravan,

Alternatively, In 10.5.2 SU1 if I am not wrong, there is a Silence.wave file included in the MOH files in the CCM.

For any user who do not want OTHERS (not for themselves) to hear MoH you may assign that file directly under the DN / Line Config and whenever these users place anyone else on hold, the holder will not hear any MoH (it is silence).

HTH

Hi Wilson,

Many thanks for your suggestion.

I have tried the same under phone config page previously but that dint help.

Tx

D

This is not a solution to what was asked for. Changing MOH source file will make the other side not hear MOH as the moh source controls what other folks hear when you place them on hold.

My solution is what you are asking for and there is no alternative.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: