cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disaster Recovery Options

jafetters
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.  I have a scenario where calls to a TF number route to our HQ-A site.  Once they hit that site, they hit a num-exp entry in the router for a trigger in our UCCX system.  The UCCX system is at our main HQ.  The agents are physically sitting at the HQ-A site.

We had a network outage where HQ-A lost connectivity to HQ Main, so TF calls were failing until we put a redirect in place with the Telco.  SRST is configured on HQ-A router and works correctly.  What I'm trying to accomplish is an automatic re-route if calls are failing so we don't have to leave it up to the users to call the Telco to redirect.

I don't think it's possible with any configuration on the router itself, but wanted to check with everyone before I move on.  Thanks in advance for your input!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well, couple of options you can build an alias command under the srst configuration that re-routes the call back to the HQ DID, this however would hairpin the calls through your HQ-A GW and would result in using 2 channels for each call.

Another option would be to implement SRST as CME with B-ACD and build simple backup call center under SRST condition.

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well, couple of options you can build an alias command under the srst configuration that re-routes the call back to the HQ DID, this however would hairpin the calls through your HQ-A GW and would result in using 2 channels for each call.

Another option would be to implement SRST as CME with B-ACD and build simple backup call center under SRST condition.

Chris

Thanks Chris, I'll try building an alias command, I think that would be fine as a short term fix.